Congrats pennypue and Denisegg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well bless ya!! I understand that they are down to just two keys. That would have them down to ONE key......I hope you get great gas mileage!

I knew I should have gotten a bigger box of cookies!!!:)

I could've killed somebody... like the person who told me I couldn't mail it.. but then Iremembered this was my fault and killing woudln't be good for the image of the cave diver anyway.

Computer is uploading to photobucket now....hopefully it won't time out or crash and I can post some tomorrow. Quality is crude...need a decent flash...but it's for pocket use and a flash won't fit in there too!!

I might be heading back down to JB for Thanksgiving.
I'm itching to do more of Twin and Hole in the Wall. :D

Congrats girl!

Thanksgiving, eh? Maybe you'll spot my shadow. :wink:

I could've killed somebody... like the person who told me I couldn't mail it.. but then Iremembered this was my fault and killing woudln't be good for the image of the cave diver anyway.

S,

I bet you felt the heat from the thread that was just on the CaveDiver forum, huh? lol

Wait! You WANT more girls than guys? Something you need to tell us MissD? :eyebrow:

On dives boats and to have as dive buds, yes. In my love life, of which I don't have, not so much. Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Brat. :evil:

Congrats girl!

Thanksgiving, eh? Maybe you'll spot my shadow. :wink:
Uh, that's Halloween!! And here I had thought that the Great Pumpkin was just Linus's imagination!!!:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmufieldhockey8
I could've killed somebody... like the person who told me I couldn't mail it.. but then Iremembered this was my fault and killing woudln't be good for the image of the cave diver anyway

S,

I bet you felt the heat from the thread that was just on the CaveDiver forum, huh? lol

This reference is to a proposed change to the access system at JB. The debate going on right now is whether they will use some kind of 4 number access code (likely) or card system that allows access to JB to authorized individuals, i.e. cave/cavern divers that are paid up at the sheriff's office, and there would be no more keys.. It would be some type of automatic entry gate. The problem they are going to have is it only takes one person to open the gate, and a whole car load of people could get in on one access number. Its an interesting problem.

Thread hijack over... Back to the regularly scheduled posts... :D

Dive safe!

There was mention of something like that on a Deco Stop thread I read.

What scared us this weekend was one of the girls saying something about getting a new sheriff and she was hoping it would be changed so that there would be somebody stationed at the park to sign us in instead of us signing in at the office. Of course that would mean we can't dive whenever we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmufieldhockey8
I could've killed somebody... like the person who told me I couldn't mail it.. but then Iremembered this was my fault and killing woudln't be good for the image of the cave diver anyway

This reference is to a proposed change to the access system at JB. The debate going on right now is whether they will use some kind of 4 number access code (likely) or card system that allows access to JB to authorized individuals, i.e. cave/cavern divers that are paid up at the sheriff's office, and there would be no more keys.. It would be some type of automatic entry gate. The problem they are going to have is it only takes one person to open the gate, and a whole car load of people could get in on one access number. Its an interesting problem.

Thread hijack over... Back to the regularly scheduled posts... :D

Dive safe!

One person with a key can let many in also by leaving the gate open... as evidenced several times last week.

One person with a key can let many in also by leaving the gate open... as evidenced several times last week.

In my opinion there needs to be positive verification. Having an officer stationed there is not practical, but having an Internet connection with an IP camera and remote control gate operation may have possibilities. I have just thrown this out on CDF. I am waiting for feedback. If cost were not an issue, would that be a workable solution? I think it would be.

Dive safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom