New caver, trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotcha, guess Gregg had a new group for this past week, he's crankin em out.

Were you driving a really loud looking truck(jeepything)?
The only loud thingy I heard at JB all weekend was Edd's new bike. :D

Saw it parked at Cave Adventurers. That should put him into orbit...
Pretty darn sure you can hear it from orbit or at least that was how it sounded that night at JB....L O U D ! ! !

Congrats!
Thanks, but you might want to hold back your congrats for a bit longer. Somebody pulled this thread out of the dustbin. I was planning to let it just go away but now that you posted, it deserves further comment.

Time for a Paul Harvey: "-and now for the rest of the story"

OK, I got my zero-to-hero Yankee cave pass and enjoyed every blessed minute of it. Pull and glide is OK, flutter kick only if it won't silt, but I wish you would use a frog kick, BUT, absolutely no compromises on safety! Can't believe what I saw in those caves. There is a place for this sort of instruction. We all knew that I wasn't a real cave diver when I went home. So last year I returned with a friend of mine and attempted to pass intro with Edd. He has issues with internet yap so I'll leave him out of anything further. Long story short, he damn near beat me into form every time I dropped my knees. It was almost funny. He was glaring at me on the surface and said "I'm getting steamed!" (because he truly cared.) I didn't pass intro, but he wants to see me back. And I will be. (OK, I lied. NOW I'll leave Edd alone on the internet. :) )

So here is the baggage I came with. I dive off the NE Atlantic coast. Nothing over the top, just wrecks. Vis is always crap and current is usually an issue. Getting blown off the wreck and going adrift in the shipping lanes is a BIG issue for the captain. It's all solo here, you announce a run time and splash. They get really, really pissed if you are late. So the skills are gas management, self-sufficiency, and dropping like a rock in current. I have a lot of bad habits to undo. Working on it. Sidemount (refresher) course this coming weekend. It's a journey. I'm loving it...

@Edd Sorenson: I'll be baaaaaaaack :)

LOL -- I've done an intro to cave co-teach with Edd. He's tough as nails and will not cut you any slack, I would not hesitate to send a loved one to him for training. Good on ya' for going back and finishing with him!

Now: SMS75, steel 100's, DiveRite fins, Pinnacle Black Ice DS, and 7# custom lead weight near the top of the rig to get me into trim.

Back when this thread was started: DUI with B/M steel 100 doubles.

Last edited:
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom