Coron Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont know of any places which might be cheaper ands as clean. The only thing is the place I stayed was ultra basic with A/C and CR. There was wifi down at the picnic area(by the wharf). I did see signs for some of the local pensions but did not check them out because everything was taken care of for me. My traveling companion stayed at Arni's house but I did not.

Evie if you have time try to check out Caluit Island. I really enjoyed the road trip up as well as the short boat ride across to it. This is the Island with the African Savanah Animals(giraffes and some gazelles) roaming free.

Cheers

yes, was thinking of doing that if i have the time. How long was the trip & how much did it costs?

Evie,

It was a day trip, Rented a motorbike, to make the trip up north, and we stopped short of the normal jump off point and rented a banca from a fisherman who took us over to the island(45 minutes). I think that was my most enjoyable boat ride I have had in the Philippines because the water was crystal clear and we passed numerous beautiful Rock Formations(small islands)

Any way it only cost 1000 for the bike, 1000 for the boat ride and I think less than 400 for entrance and lunch and tour.

It was a really long day as we ended up with 3 flat tires (Nails) we left at 5am and got back at 10pm...

Cheers,
Roger

Evie,

It was a day trip, Rented a motorbike, to make the trip up north, and we stopped short of the normal jump off point and rented a banca from a fisherman who took us over to the island(45 minutes). I think that was my most enjoyable boat ride I have had in the Philippines because the water was crystal clear and we passed numerous beautiful Rock Formations(small islands)

Any way it only cost 1000 for the bike, 1000 for the boat ride and I think less than 400 for entrance and lunch and tour.

It was a really long day as we ended up with 3 flat tires (Nails) we left at 5am and got back at 10pm...

Cheers,
Roger

oh wow! What an adventure but quite a long day.. Ill see if my buddy will want to do it with me. Thx Roger!

my trip report:

may 27: arrived in busuanga, rode a van to coron, stayed in "palanca guest house" (very basic but nice,two big beds, A/C, clean bathroom for each room and very very strong shower :D). we rented two rooms, we were a total of 5 people, so it was 3vs2. beds were big enough. they provided us with water, towels, coffee, extra pillows etc. then we went up tapyas and then the salt water hot spring. btw i suggest eating the tapsilog binalot in front of palanca guest house (Binalot Tong Daon). it was the best ive tried =)

may 28: dive day 1 with CORON DIVERS. very nice people, they are very helpful and they cooked lunch in the boat (good food) for us, i would definitely dive with them again! 1st dive Kogyo Maru (max depth 32.5m, 41min, deco) 2nd dive Olympia Maru (max depth 26.3m, 53min, deco) 3rd dive East Tangat Gunboat (max depth 19.4m, 51min) they were all great dives! :D

may 29: dive day 2. 1st dive Akitsushima (max depth 34.1m, 40min, deco, strong current during line decent and deco/safety stop) this one was very beautiful, we saw the guns, crane, bullets, etc. 2nd dive Taeie Maru (max depth 25.2m, 42min, very very strong current during line decent and stops after) this one was very beautiful as well (my favorite penetration) :D 3rd dive Siete Pecados Reef (max depth 22.5m, 56min) we just decided to do a reef dive for our last to relax because we were so "wrecked" already hehe. it was just an ok dive. =) then at night we proceeded to banana island and arrived there around 9pm and stayed there.

may 30: desat day (my suunto D4 gave me 25hrs no fly). we went island hoping. snorkling in siete pecados (again), then kayangan lake which was half salt half fresh water (very beautiful there). then we had lunch at some beach, it had tables and nippa huts. then twin lagoon (very nice too) =) then went to malca puya isaland and stayed there for the night. =) (we didnt get to go to barracuda lake and cathedral, but i will go back to coron anyway :D).

may 31: left malcapuya island to catch my 10:55am flight (cebupac). =)

overall, it was a great trip. i want to go back =) hehe. it was just hard to find wifi around coron. and in banana & malcapuya island cellphone signal was very hard. i took a bath once with salt water too in malcapuya =(

Calauit is a must-do. Feed the giraffes...

Koya, wanted to do calauit & also see dugongs.. hahaha!
having mixed responses..
Fr Coron divers to see dugongs is 6 hrs travel one way daw??
Calauit is fr 5am -10 pm? Grabe!!

Back
Top Bottom