Costa Club in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Starfish

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience?

They are rated well by Rodales and they have a diver package agreement with Dive Paradise.

Going to Cozumel Aug 27 through Sept 3! -Starfish

Starfish,

I have passed by the Costa Club many times, but have never stayed there. If you are looking for a package, try Island Dreams which has packages for the Fiesta Americana and the Dive House. I can recommend both of those. I believe both of them were also rated in that Rodale article. If I remember correctly--and that is a big IF--the Costa Club had very "firm" mattresses--HARD might be a better word!

At any rate, wherever you stay, the diving is great in Cozumel! Enjoy....

Joewr

They use the same mattress outfit as many places in Puerto Villarta and many places in Cozumel and Playa del Carmen.

The South of the Border Concrete Block Company

But the diving is great

Tom

Tom,

I always wondered what the initials, "SBCBC" that were stamped on the edge of bed meant! But, I always felt like I stood up much straighter after a trip to Mexico!

Joewr

We stayed at Costa Club during our last visit to COZ.
The rooms were roomy and well maintained. I appreciated the liter of bottled water every day in the room.

The non-divers in our group enjoyed the hugh pool.
The restaurant was OK for brealfast or lunch.. It was standard fair. They appear to be geared for all-inclusive.
Staff was friendly, but not very attentive.
The hike to town was doable, but we caught a taxi back to Costa Club. Schleping gear through the tunnel to get to the dock got a little old.

All in all, It was good value for the price. If the deal is right it is an OK place to stay.

With the great diving everything else is small stuff.

Enjoy your trip and give us a report.
DSAO

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to have pictures to post with that dive report :) Starfish

a couple staying at the Costa Club last week. They really liked their room, but had just gotten to Coz so they couldn't comment on Dive Paradise (or whomever they were diving with)....

I stayed there last weekend. Like they said, mattresses are hard, but back does feel good. Food is tolerable, but not great. IMHO I would stay away from Dive Paradise, there are some really good ones I prefer Blue Angel and Pappa Hoggs myself.

My .02

ID

Im going to be staying at this property this weekend, it will be my first trip to Cozumel. I will write up a short report upon my return.

We have been to Cozumel about 5 times in the last year and a half. We have dove with Black Shark and Blue Bubble. Of those two I would go with Blue Bubble. They have small boats (The biggest boat carries 10 divers; all others carry 6) the best DMs and will pick you up anywhere on the island with a little advance notice. They will also let you dive your computer and will allow you some more lattitude and leeway regarding profiles if you and your group demonstrate that you are good divers.

If you go with them ask for Elvis or Pedro Pablo and tell them Dave and Karen from Scubasphere sent you.

r/s k10

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom