Cozumel Carnival in Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks. The reason I ask is my husband and I are trying to decide on our return trip to Cozumel in 2015. Since we are doing an Alaska cruise in summer, we are thinking that maybe a Jan or Feb trip would be fun. We have never been there that time of year.

February is when I've made the most trips to Cozumel due to New England's "February School Vacation" when my son was in school. It's a great time to be on the island (and out of New England!) with warm weather that won't sweat you to death, low mosquito counts, lots of eagle rays, no hurricanes or tropical storms, and everything open.

Carnaval is a lot of fun the first few times. We had always gone in the late spring and fall before trying Carnaval a few years ago. It is shocking how alive and vibrant the island is compared to slow seasons. That being said after 4 straight years of being there for it we are going to go a week after it ends just for something different. Robint I would definitely check it out and maybe not plan to dive the morning after the large parade on Fat Tuesday, even if you are not a party person the island will be loud until the late hours in and around town.

Brian I'm there the 2 weeks leading up to it. Too bad we miss each other.

So who's starting the Feb list ? Can't find it and I'd like to get on it since it's my first year for Carnival.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom