Cozumel Choices -- help me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuck86:
You are exactly right, it was with another dive op and they still swear that I had food poisoning but the chamber usually is not prescribed for food poisoning. He he

I will be at San Marcos this comming week end. We are diving in the aquarena (sp) there at Texas unisversity. We are taking the scientific diving course then we will dive I hope. Kevin and I will both be there.

Maybe we should have a cup or something eh?

Hey Chuck, could you let me know how you liked the scientific diver course? My husband and I are signed up to take it it Nov., so I'm interested to hear what you think about it.

Hey everybody,

I just booked a week for me and my wife with Blue XT Sea. Our trip isn't until March 07 and we feel luck to get a reservation because she had only four openings for our vacation week. I've taken four previous Cozumel trips and used other ops that I was happy with, but with all the great testimonials we just had to try her op.

Thanks Christi for your great communication via email last Sunday.

Mike

Martha:
Hey Chuck, could you let me know how you liked the scientific diver course? My husband and I are signed up to take it it Nov., so I'm interested to hear what you think about it.

Of course I will be glad to let you know. I am looking forward to it very much. It sounds very interesting and it can do so much good.

I'll let you know as soon as I get back.

Martha:

Ditto please. My GF and I will be there on Nov 11-12.

chuck86:
Of course I will be glad to let you know. I am looking forward to it very much. It sounds very interesting and it can do so much good.

I'll let you know as soon as I get back.

Thanks Chuck. I appreciate it. You're right, it'll be nice to do something to help out and also to be able to dive somewhere close (for me anyway), other than Lake Travis with its terrible viz most of the time.

Dive 'N' Dolphin:
Now come on Jake you know you want to say something :D

I can only say that I have had no problems in my dealings with Christi or any of her crew. I have had Pedro, Arturo, and Chiaki as DMs and each one has always been safety conscious. I have had the opportunity to dive with a few different ops while here; and had a couple instances where the dive profiles were very aggressive, but that was not with Blue XT. I do not know exactly which dive is being referred to as dangerous, but when we did Devil’s Throat my max depth was 121ft and my computer did not enter deco. I will say that Devil’s Throat is definitely not for a beginner, but I was definitely made aware of that before the dive. I knew going in that we would push the limits and I was OK with that. I guess what I am trying to say is that while the DM has a responsibility to the people they are guiding; there is also a responsibility of the diver to notify the DM if they are uncomfortable in a situation. At that point you can either abort the dive or adjust the dive to where you feel more comfortable.

scubasherry:
If you get your dive opp chosen first don't forget to ask where they reccomend. When we went down in Jan. Albtross charters directed us to thier friends one room B&B and it was awesome. We would have never know about it if we hadn't asked them for suggestions on where to stay that fit our price range.
i looked at your pics - i like how there are non-diving pics in there as well. :D do you remember the name of the b&b? we are currently shopping around for dive & hotel packages for our december trip. thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom