Cozumel in early September ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And that can happen any time it rains.
I think we were at the wrong place at the right time, but I remember being chased out by a swarm.

Sept isn't a bad time, just don't be out at sunset lol

so crazy I have been to Cozumel a lot, no idea how many times and most months and never recall a mosquito.

so crazy I have been to Cozumel a lot, no idea how many times and most months and never recall a mosquito.
On one visit to the island which was just after a few days of rain we stopped somewhere along the road from the Rasta's corner to the west side. I was shooting some video when this swarm of mosquitos found us. I did not stop the camera and the video from it looks like the frantic handheld camera footage in The Blair Witch Project. Lots of yelling and running.

Book a hotel through hotel.com so refundable, book airfare with credit or refund, and don’t pre-book diving, Zero weather risk. Casa Mexicana, Southwest, and your dive op of choice ….

It’s my favorite time of year in Cozumel. The water is warm and there are far less people. There is very little chance of a Norte closing port. The hurricane season from from June 1st to November 31st. It’s worth booking in September . Your chances of diving daily in perfect weather are far greater in September than anytime in the winter.
The two posts above sum it up for me. Been to Coz about ten times in September, never had a weather issue other than an infrequent afternoon rain shower. Go and enjoy!

On one visit to the island which was just after a few days of rain we stopped somewhere along the road from the Rasta's corner to the west side. I was shooting some video when this swarm of mosquitos found us. I did not stop the camera and the video from it looks like the frantic handheld camera footage in The Blair Witch Project. Lots of yelling and running.
Lets see the video!

On a rainy year it rains. On a dry year it doesn't. More often than not the weather is good. Planning is useless, both conditions are divable and can be very enjoyable.
The late summer/fall is a great time of the year. The trick is to not over plan and adapt to the conditions and enjoy yourself.

Roll the dice! I've only lost dive days in November-January so far, and we've been plenty between June and January. September is pretty hot on land, warm water temps, and always good diving. I know it stinks to spend a much anticipated day of vacation NOT diving, but you really can't bank on the weather. If you go when there's less likely to be foul weather the water will be much cooler. It's a toss up. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom