Cozumel Marine Park's Most Wanted Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christi:
This is a message to the guy on Tormentos yesterday with the multi-colored board shorts, tattoos, goatee and camera....

Judging by this description, if he's still on the island, he shouldn't be too terribly hard to spot....lol

Cozoholic:
How hard would it really be to id someone? I guess I dont get it - when we were diving with you, you'd know who it was almost instantly - unless a situation like with Dive Paradise (where you have 20 ppl on one boat)? Oh...how money talks....But wouldnt the dive shop also be responsible for providing the information to appropriate authorities regardless?

Well, the operation he was diving with had TWO boats at the site yesterday...at slightly different times. There were in fact 20ish divers on each of those boats, supposedly split up into several smaller groups. Sandra reported 12 to 15 divers in this guys particular group. Everyone else including the divemasters were at safety stop while this guy intruded into our group and took liberties with the seahorse.

This is a matter of narrowing it down and the divemasters cooperating/remembering their divers. This is why I am following up with the shop owner later. She/he is the one with the daily reports and has the list of divers names at this point.

I am optimistic that we'll figure out who it was. I jsut hope this is the beginning of his vacation and he misses his diving for the rest of the week.

Christi:
LOL!!!! Ironically Becky, Javier was recuperating from a little accident he had on Sunday! Sandra was covering for him yesterday. We thought he had broken his foot, but just very bruised and swollen. I'm glad he is ok...but yeh...those who know Javier know that he is even more anal than I am about touching stuff...haha! BUT...I wonder if the jerk owuld have dared kick Javier in the face?

hehe...Yeah, I SERIOUSLY doubt he would have went near Javier :wink:
When we were there, Javier got mad at someone for feeding the fish on the Pier at FA, couldnt imagine his reaction to this..

Christi:
Consider this a warning!
It seems like there should be immediate consequences!!! :kopfab:
Cops don't give someone going 100 in a school zone a warning. :crossbone
Let us know what becomes of this jerk!!! :m16:

What an idiot! Not only is he harming innocent sea life he is stealing a great experience from his fellow divers. So sad that people can be so selfish and inconsiderate. If you find this guy Christi, please burn his diving rights on Coz and then contact his certifying agency and see if they will revoke his C-card. I think I saw these seahorses together a few weeks back. Sad that others will not get the same chance.

And under the circumstances (kicking someone in face), I don't think giving him an OOA experience would be too harsh. Trade you a seahorse for my octo?

Christi:
I am optimistic that we'll figure out who it was. I jsut hope this is the beginning of his vacation and he misses his diving for the rest of the week.

Obviously, I have no clue about Mexico law but can Sandra press charges for assault? From your description of the guy and his actions it doesn't seem like he would be the type of person to care about being told on, and missing a few dives (from his point of view). It seems the only thing that would make him see the seriousness of his actions would be an equally serious consequence (like overnight in a mexican hell hole with bars).

I really hope you find this guy but what I really hope for is retribution. :bash:

I spoke with the owner of the shop and she was VERY helpful! She said, "we'll find him" and we are narrowing the search. She has an idea of who it might be, but wants to talk to all the divemasters that dove that site yesterday. As it turns out they had five boats there throughout the day, so we're trying to narrow it down to which boats were there at the same time we were.

I got a few more helpful details from my divers as far as the description goes as well. He was also wearing a t-shirt, had on blue fins, and bleached blonde hair with the little go-tee to match.

My DM said she will absolutely be able to identify him if she sees him.

I'll let you know the outcome :)

Hmmm, finally found a use for a dive knife........cut his air hose next time.

Good for you Christi. You've gone above and beyond. I hope you get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom