Cozumel Marine Park's Most Wanted Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this diver is tracable, then shouldn't he be tracked down and delt with? I think local dive shops and organizations should blackball him for a time. Maybe if he can't get his tanks filled for a while he will learn to think about the fragile underwater environment.

Hooked-Again:
If this diver is tracable, then shouldn't he be tracked down and delt with? I think local dive shops and organizations should blackball him for a time. Maybe if he can't get his tanks filled for a while he will learn to think about the fragile underwater environment.

Ummmm...yeh...that's what we're trying to do.

Poor seahorse! :( And poor DM too. As it has been said, I can't picture someone messing with Javier or Pedro... :) Thanks for the updates - best of luck in the search! Hope things work out like they should...

You get him, girl! And in the process hopefully this dive shop will do a bit better education of their divers so they don't face the Wrath of Christi again!

BurBunny:
You get him, girl! And in the process hopefully this dive shop will do a bit better education of their divers so they don't face the Wrath of Christi again!

The Dive shop is not facing my wrath...the diver is :) The dive shop is being awesome about trying to figure out who it was as well! No fault of the dive shop as I said in previous posts :)

ggunn:
I was thinking of the old "Sea Hunt" TV show, where a common technique for discouraging unwanted behavior was to cut the offender's LP air hose. Mike Nelson, where are you???

Seriously, why wasn't something done to this flaming a-hole when he was under the control of the dive op he was with?

Ad: Land locked Pirate, looking for adventure...Have knives! will travel!

Gordon, are we getting old? ...Mike Nelson references?

Christi:
I would have turned his air off as a defense for my own safety and gotten away from him. He would HAVE to go to the surface rather than come after me, which he could have safely done.
I don't mean to keep stirring the "turn his air off" pot, but why would he HAVE to surface? If someone turned my air off, I'd just reach back and turn it back on. It seems like a no brainer.

MSilvia:
I don't mean to keep stirring the "turn his air off" pot, but why would he HAVE to surface? If someone turned my air off, I'd just reach back and turn it back on. It seems like a no brainer.
Statistically speaking, anyone stupid enough to pick up seahorses and kick at divemasters probably isn’t smart enough to know where their air comes from. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom