Cozumel Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we were there, the reefs that were closed due to heavy damage were Tormentos, Yucab, Paradise Shallows and Chankanaab Shallows. Also, the C-53 dive can still be done, but you can only swim around the outside of the wreck, not penetrate it, since the wreck suffered severe damage and is not safe at this point in time. Supposedly the wreck was broken into 2 pieces, although we didn't see for ourselves. This info came from Pedro who attended the marine park meeting and spoke directly with the officials. Part of Paradise was re-opened while we were there, so I'm the reefs that are closed will be re-opened once they've had time to assess the damage and re-growth rates of those reefs.

Thank uou all for the information that I requested. It is good to know that things appear to be headed in the right direction. We just got snowed in here in southeastern Minnesota and travel is not looking good. I guess I will wait until spring to go back to Coz. The professor

Well, Jorge doesn't seem to think anything is closed. Did another night dive tonight on Paradise. Never realized how many octupus were around these parts.

On another note, I counted 30 workers today at Caribe Blu trying to get things back to normal. It's impressive.

texmaxdiver:
On another note, I counted 30 workers today at Caribe Blu trying to get things back to normal. It's impressive.
Yes that is impressive. Their website still needs some updated photos of the place. It would be good P.R. for them to post some photos showing all the guys there hard at work. It would show that they are working hard to get things back in order. Travelnotes has posted that they expect their pool back in service mid December.

Back
Top Bottom