Cozumel Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent info. I'll play around with some of my shots to see what I can get to show up !!
Thanks for the tips!

You're welcome.

I didn't start doing photography again as an adult until my mother asked me to try to restore some old family photos and I discovered that there were electronic darkrooms which allowed me as much freedom as I had with the chemical ones I grew up with. (Scroll about 1/3 of the way down on www.butterskotch.com and you'll find one of my restorations.)

If you follow the link to the slideshow, there's another turtle shot. Two of them tussling - we were told they were mating, but it's the wrong ends connecting. :confused:

You should see plenty! Enjoy!

Thanks! We saw at least twenty - in one dive there were 4-6 in one area (the shot in the slideshow is of two of them).

I checked out the slideshow, awesome pics! I especially love the sunset palm tree one, you should enter that one in a contest.

I'm getting so excited now that I KNOW that I will see turtles!

The stepwise changes in correcting the colors in the images is very helpful and pretty impressive.

The stepwise changes in correcting the colors in the images is very helpful and pretty impressive.

I was working by trial and error and not getting very far, so I broke down and bought a book that pointed me to the grey world balance feature. I should probably go back to it for more hints for the photos that don't work well with it.

I especially love the sunset palm tree one, you should enter that one in a contest.

I actually did - and it didn't make it into the final round - it had very stiff competition.

Enjoy your trip - and your turtles!

Great pics - I too really like the last one.

If you don't like using ths flash maybe consider Magic Filters ?

M A G I C - F I L T E R S

Great pics - I too really like the last one.

If you don't like using ths flash maybe consider Magic Filters ?

M A G I C - F I L T E R S

Those look interesting you've tried them, I assume? How much light do I lose? Another diver was using a red filter - after color correction mine were better (since he wasn't doing color correction), but out of the box his were.

(You're using the camera that performs less well for me, in terms of color balance. It would be nice to find something that cuts down on the tedious channel mixing I have to do with my 7070 images. The ones from my 4000 are nearly always close to perfectly balanced with two steps - the 7070 images take a lot of tinkering.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom