Cozumel - where to stay with kids???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a similar problem but mines not quite 2. Natasha I would love to hear about trips yall are putting togeather. I just don't like the idea of imposing my child on someone. My mom's a widow and my wound up 2yo is a little much for her. The other G-parents would do it for a weekend but it would cause probs.

Tom

Hola!
I live in Cozumel. I would recommend the Allegro Resorts, they have a really good program for kids, there's a Kid's club with 2 o 3 girls that take care of kids from 4 to 12 yrs. old, they make activities on the beach and pool with them, they even make the show with them. Also check the Iberostar, I've heard really good comments about them.
If you need any other info about cozumel, let me know. My e-mail is: snorkcen@cozumel.com.mx

What can say? Kids are always welcome on our trips. As Ayesa said, several of the resorts have kids programs and qualified babysitters. (I have two kids myself)
I have another trip in the works right now. It's a Princess cruise doing the western Caribbean. It will be a great way to get a taste of the dives in Cozumel and Grand Cayman, along with the new Costa Maya. And there are 100% kids programs on board.
The dates will be Oct.7th, 2001 for 7 nights. This is over Columbus Day, so the kids in school will already have that day off.
Sound good?
:sunny:

Lucia,

Just got back from Fiesta Americana. We don't have kids but they do have a Kid play area right by the lobby. Looked like lots of board games, a pool table. Couple of swimming pools, and free snorkel gear rentals across the street at the beach. We didn't do the all inclusive option, but it is available given all the folks with little arm braclets running around the hotel. Dive House is right across the street, and does have free lockers for stowing gear.

47 pesos to downtown (current exchange rate is about 9 pesos to the dollar). Just right the bell across from the lobby entrance, and viola! a taxi. Chancanab Park is just south of the hotel (40 pesos for taxi, 90 pesos per person entrance fee). Lots of snorkeling, and you can watch the dolphins (several Dolphin Discovery / Swim with Dolphins programs available, although check http://www.dolphindiscovery.com for reservation details.

Hope that helps!

Hi!-Boy are you in for a treat. Cozumel is a great place to dive and I,too give a 4star rating for Fiesta American.I went with some friends in January of this year. Nice place,close to the beach and I am sure that if others say the kids program is good it must be. The staff was very accomodating.We went with the Aldora dive shop;they picked us up every morning at the dock and returned us there in the aftenoon. Aldora uses 120 tanks-makes for a great long dive. The surface interval is at Playa del Sol so if the staff at the Fiesta uses that area for the kid programs then you would be able to check in on your child there.
All in all I had a great time on Cozumel---can you tell? I hope that you all have a great time......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom