Question Crotch strap for a jacket BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Boom closed their Al Quoz shop a few years ago.

Where are they now? Back to their original store (I don't remember where it was) before they moved to where Scuba Dubai used to be?

Awesome, feel free to keep us updated, I'm a big DIY fan.

Reading my "crystal ball" I can see a BPW in your future. (And I'm not discouraging going the DIY route first) I'd suggest keeping an eye on the used market in your area, perhaps setup some saved searches with notifications. You never know when a killer deal will pop up.
Very much true..:checkbox:, but not giving up on the aqualung zuma retrofit so soon.
yes i am looking at used market too, but the unfortunate thing is even if the actual deal is great, shipping and then the high custom duties and taxes will make it as good as buying a new one.

Thanks

Where are they now? Back to their original store (I don't remember where it was) before they moved to where Scuba Dubai used to be?
They still have the store on Wasl Road next to the Iranian Embassy.

A bit off the original topic
How's the Dubai Deep dive, Sunken city as its called. ? worth giving a shot?
Have some dubai plans for next year last quarter.

Thanks

For the price of the Deep Dive to 59.7m you can fly to Sharm El Sheikh from Dubai or do 10 local dives. Worth doing once but if you're not tech trained then your limit is 30m.

Very much true..:checkbox:, but not giving up on the aqualung zuma retrofit so soon.
yes i am looking at used market too, but the unfortunate thing is even if the actual deal is great, shipping and then the high custom duties and taxes will make it as good as buying a new one.

Thanks
Try local. I'm (obviously) unfamiliar with India (or Mumbai), but maybe there is a local-equivalent of craigslist or Facebook-market? India is a big place, and there are even a good number of software-engineers in the region, so I'd think someone there may have made something similar. Perhaps ebay, or an ebay-equivelant as well?

I can often get relatively inexpensive items from AliExpress as well. They have a number of aluminum or nylon backplates there. A harness can be made from simple webbing, d-rings, and triglides, and a buckle. For the wing, they do sell wings/bladders there, although I have no idea the quality or durability. If you did get a wing from there, I might also suggest carrying a DSMB for redundant buoyancy.

A bit off the original topic
Have some dubai plans for next year last quarter.

Thanks
Your thread, off-topic away. (IMO)

Not to distract from the travel log but a simpler solution may be to carry less lead so you don’t have to put so much air into the b/c, another is a back plate and wing.

Local is very much rare. Used gear market dedicated to dive gear is non existent .

I will give you an overview

Inspite of having a decent numbers of divers , we have a very small dive gear market( distributor/ retailer). The main reason is the heavy import duties which are not at all standard. It can vary depending on what you order. So by the time the gear is at yr doorstep its already way expensive. So given less options/choice of equipment no one prefers this. Most of the divers get their stuff while they are travelling for dive trips. Some have relatives coming and going so that helps. I have also done the same to an extent when i gt my gear in 2017. Warranty or sending it back for defects is out of question unless it has been purchased through a distributor/retailer.

Xdeep Zen deluxe BP/W costs almost 1000$
Mares XR Rec BP/W - 900$( online price)
Tusa T wing - 700$( online price)
( converted to USD for ease of understanding)

Many might feel i am trying to draw a negative picture of the dive gear scene in India. Its not the intention.
But even the retailers and distributors are correct in a way. No one will sell less than the cost price. They have a business to run.

Hope this picture changes in future.

Thanks

... so i will have to get the materials (from amazon)needed and head to a bag/heavy luggage repair shop and explain him what i need. Only major thing to be careful is the bladder, if the fellow agrees to do it. ...
FWIW, I recently had some webbing mods sewn by a local shoe repair shop, and a number of years ago I had some webbing mods sewn by a tack shop (equestrian supply shop). I remain pleased with both outcomes. These might be options for you, too.

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom