Crotch Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Hatfield

Contributor
Reaction score
Ontario , Canada & Playa del Carmen, Mexico
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Mares Morphos Metal Airtrim BC ( Limited Edition). I vary suits, 3mm to 7mm to Polar Fit Drysuit, and often find the BC rides up in the 3mm. I have the BC adjusted to the smallest setting and it tends to move around throwing off my trim. It is not a big deal to keep pulling it down BUT I have often thought that a crotch strap might help. Is there a crotch strap made for the Mares BC or a generic one that will fit?

I did a google search and also checked the Mares web site and found that the Pegasus comes with a 'Removable Crotch Strap'. Is this unit interchangeable with other vests? Will it fit my BC?

I would have thought that someone from Mares would have responded to my question - even if it was just a courtesy reply to say they didn't know the answer.

Ed,

Sorry, I didn't see your original post, and I've been travelling the last 3 weeks. You are correct the pegasus comes with a crotch strap that is removable. I am unsure if it would work with your Morphos. I haven't seen a Morphos in a couple of years, so I don't know if it would have attachment points for a harness. In addition, we do not stock the strap as an individual part. Have you considered trying to make your own strap out of nylon webbing? Maybe this would be a good solution to your issue. Sorry to not be of more help, I'm just not sure.

Sincerely,

:D Thanks for the response and I will follow-up with my LDS. He does custom stuff as well as stock a large Mares line. I'm sure we will find a fix. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Good luck Ed. I am sure you will find something that works.

Best regards,

Zak

Ed
Digging up an old post but...
I to dive the Morphos Metal LE and had the same issues, one day I saw the shoulder strap for a gift bag from my PADI renewal, 1.5" wide soft webbing fit the slot on the back plate of the Morphos.... loop around waist strap in front.... have been diving with this crotch strap for awhile now and it makes a HUGE difference.
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom