Cruise ship passenger dies on Discover Scuba in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh wow!!! This post makes it even sadder!
Hey, he went. I don't like cruises but some do and I hope he enjoyed himself. He tried scuba diving, and while we do not know the details on all he knew and all he was warned about - he didn't die laying in a nursing home bed.

In 1988, I won 2 First Class tickets to Hawaii and separately 2 tickets plus 10 nights hotels in Ireland - both. It was a fun year in the Frequent Flyer game, quadruple miles, easy redemptions, bonuses and I gave the Hawaii tickets to my parents telling them I'd set up the rest, while I worked on getting my Ireland tickets upgraded to Business. Mom always said she wanted to go to Hawaii before she died, but they stalled, I did both trips the same month before they could expire, and then she died within a year.

Travel broadens the mind and deepens the soul. Go when you can. Sometimes I'll take off for a few days to visit pretty courthouses around the state, zigzagging from country seat to the next skipping the boring ones, shooting my own pics even tho I'd already seen them Images of Texas County Courthouses - Master Photograph Menu - Texas Courthouse Trail

Well said!!!
Hey, he went. I don't like cruises but some do and I hope he enjoyed himself. He tried scuba diving, and while we do not know the details on all he knew and all he was warned about - he didn't die laying in a nursing home bed.

In 1988, I won 2 First Class tickets to Hawaii and separately 2 tickets plus 10 nights hotels in Ireland - both. It was a fun year in the Frequent Flyer game, quadruple miles, easy redemptions, bonuses and I gave the Hawaii tickets to my parents telling them I'd set up the rest, while I worked on getting my Ireland tickets upgraded to Business. Mom always said she wanted to go to Hawaii before she died, but they stalled, I did both trips the same month before they could expire, and then she died within a year.

Travel broadens the mind and deepens the soul. Go when you can. Sometimes I'll take off for a few days to visit pretty courthouses around the state, zigzagging from country seat to the next skipping the boring ones, shooting my own pics even tho I'd already seen them Images of Texas County Courthouses - Master Photograph Menu - Texas Courthouse Trail

But it was quick. Maybe not quick as they'd have liked, but still quick.

A lot quicker than wasting away in a nursing home. I ask God everyday to take my Mom and I don't feel guilty about it. She lived thru WWII and all the heartache that brought to friends and family but right now she says she's never been more sad, breaks my heart. She's not getting out of there alive anyway the sooner the better for her. I'll miss her but I love her too much to see this level of suffering.

I never feared dying all that much but now I live in fear of winding up like my mother.

Sadly, too many (not all) "Discover Scuba Diving" and equivalent programs in Mexico (and elsewhere) are notorious for not properly screening participants, and not giving them an orientation consistent with agency standards. This is situation that arises way too often. My condolences to the family.
DivemasterDennis

Back
Top Bottom