D9 Battery change "How To"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, but oh~~ Gee
Did you use a stick measure, not a caliper?????

Based on the picture, CS(W) looks more than 2 mm....

If you don't mind, let me ask your favor.

Can you send this O-ring to me? I will measure and find out a right O-ring size.
I can send my address via PM.

Thanks in advance,

Sorry, but I can't send you the o-ring. It's back in the computer.

I used image analysis software to measure the sizes. It's as accurate as a caliper.
That measure stick has 2 different units. The lower are mm and the upper are in.

Sorry, but I can't send you the o-ring. It's back in the computer.

I used image analysis software to measure the sizes. It's as accurate as a caliper.
That measure stick has 2 different units. The lower are mm and the upper are in.

Oh~~~ I see. So, basically you re-used O-ring....???? Any leaking???

Yes, I did. I tested it in the tub. No leaking, but i don't know how it would perform under more pressure.
Hopefully, I'll find a replacement o-ring before I go diving.

I re-used my o ring after lubing it up with some silicone. I've been on about 40 dives since then and taken it down to 120 ft without problems.

Just giving this thread a bump in case anyone had any joy locating an O-ring size for the D9.

No ID for the "O" ring but I just bought battery kits for my D9 and my sons D6 on ebay for US$9.95 each. (US$13.95 for a kit for the D( transmitter)
This is for the battery O ring and small tube of silicone (wow!).
It is a big saving over UKŽ£50 which I paid for the last battery change via a Suunto dealer!
The watch case opening tools are also on ebay for just a few pounds.

I just changed a battery on a D6 for one of our manufacturers reps thinking the whole time what a bummer it was that my calipers were at home so I couldn't even take a measurement of the o-ring. I did take some pictures, not as many as with the D9 battery change but enough to get people a good idea of what the deal is, I'll work over the next few weeks to get something of a how to up for everyone to see.

Did you ever get a chance to post the pictures of the D6 battery change somewhere? They would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi guys,

I have the D6 battery change "How To" about 70% done and hope to post it up soon. I will make a post in this thread when the D6 one is done so everyone knows. The problem with getting this done soon it that summer has arrived and I've got enough work on my plate for 20 people (well at least it feels that way). I will do my best to get it posted ASAP. As for the D9 o-rings, If some one finds themselves with a used one that they don't want any more they are welcome to send it to me and I'll try to dig up the spec. on it and let everyone know what to get.

Back
Top Bottom