Dacor Closing UP??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ciera kid

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heard a rumor that Dacor is shutting down operations. Anybody know anything about this, and if so are parts available and for how long or are we S.O.L. if we have Dacor gear? :blackbat: :pumpkin: :blackbat:

Our LDS owner told us that Dacor was filing bankrupcy again, and that this time they were more than likely not going to be able to pull out of it. My husband and I were looking at some Dacor regs and he discouraged us from getting them for this reason. (Yet another benefit of buying local!) As for warranties, I'm not sure how that will work. I would think it would be hard for a manufacturer that is no longer in business to honor them...but I don't know that for sure. Anyone else know? We have several friends with Dacor gear...

Amber

May wanna Ebay all the Dacor gear soon!!!!!!!!

Do you mean that Mares/Head is filing bankrupcy for the Dacor division or what?

ciera kid:
Heard a rumor that Dacor is shutting down operations. Anybody know anything about this, and if so are parts available and for how long or are we S.O.L. if we have Dacor gear? :blackbat: :pumpkin: :blackbat:
There was a long discussion about this a couple of weeks ago here.
garyfotodiver:
Do you mean that Mares/Head is filing bankrupcy for the Dacor division or what?
Gary, I think Dacor's sale to Mares may be just-arriving news for some.

ciera kid:
are we S.O.L. if we have Dacor gear?

This is very unlikely in a business with a strong customer service focus. Even if Dacor does go tits-up I'm sure that Mares would continue to make replacement parts available for the useful life of your gear. Don't sweat it.

Also, I haven't heard anything about Dacor going out of business. Mares didn't buy the Dacor name for nothing. I suspect is just a rumor.

R..

I think it's all part of the strategy they have to have mares taking over the entire scuba operation world wide, which to me makes more sence to have both dacor and mares at the same time.(their price range isn't THAT different in my opinion, eventhough mares is somewhat higher) However, Mares should still continue to provide service for Dacor products for a duration of time.

Mares has essentially stopped making parts for older Dacor regulators already. Dacor dealers can no longer get parts from Dacor for any of the numbered first stages or the Enduro first stage. The feeling I get is that as existing parts stocks are exhausted, Mares/Dacor will not be making more for nay of the Dacor regs.

Given that Dacor/Mares does not support out of production Dacor regs, I have no illusions that Mares will continue to provide support for Dacor regs if Dacor goes under as by definition, they will all be out of production.

I like Dacor regs and the quality and designs have nearly always been excellent, but at this point they are pretty close to last on the list of regs that I would buy.

DA Aquamaster:
Mares has essentially stopped making parts for older Dacor regulators already. Dacor dealers can no longer get parts from Dacor for any of the numbered first stages or the Enduro first stage. The feeling I get is that as existing parts stocks are exhausted, Mares/Dacor will not be making more for nay of the Dacor regs.

Given that Dacor/Mares does not support out of production Dacor regs, I have no illusions that Mares will continue to provide support for Dacor regs if Dacor goes under as by definition, they will all be out of production.

I like Dacor regs and the quality and designs have nearly always been excellent, but at this point they are pretty close to last on the list of regs that I would buy.

The Dacor regs of today are internally Mares regulators. Dacor is part of Mares, and is not going bankrupt, but even if it did, Mares parts are interchangeable with modern dacor regs. Therefore unless the whole company folds, they will still be servicable.

My son in law just took his dacor 960 1st stage, 2nd stage and octopus in for service. LDS told him forget the 1st stage - no parts available - 960 2nd stage - no parts available - would do a safety check on it, Octopus - still had some parts and could service it. Told him when he gets it back use it until it dosent work or acts up and throw it away.
montyb

Back
Top Bottom