Dacor Microbrain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tzeyap

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a vintage Dacor Microbrain from ,if I remember correctly , the mid eighties. I believe this was in the same generation as the first aladin's and orca's !!!!
After several years of excellent service, the battery ran down. I have not been able to find anyone who is prepared to replace the battery. I contacted Dacor several times through their 'contact us' on their web-site but did not receive a single reply.
I've been told that the unit will require a jelly-type sealant in order to seal after battery replacement.

I dive with a suunto now but i'm a little sentimental about this dive computer .
I know that it is probably not viable to have the battery replaced or there is a high chance of battery leakage which would have permanently damaged the computer.

Has anyone here ever had a battery replaced for one of these units ? This will be my last ditch effort to stop myself from junking the Microbrain.

While I know practically nothing about the Dacor computers, is it possible that the silicone kits used to do the batteries on the older Aladin and US Divers Monitor series of computer would work?

You might check with shops who do those batteries and maybe they could help you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom