Dacor Rig Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess i am just afraid to make the jump to were i actually want to go in the future. i did see that you can get a halcyon bp and harness for 100 bucks which seems good and then just figuring out what size wing to get. I would guess that you put pockets on the harness as you go. What wing should i get any advice?

Instead of adding pockets to the BP harness, most people just add pockets to their wetsuit/drysuit.

As for the wing size, if you are going to dive single tanks, a Halcyon Pioneer 27lbs or 36lbs wing would be a great choice.

For doubles, a 55lbs wing would do the trick. (A 55lbs wing is WAY to big to use with single tanks...the wing would wrap around the tank...trap air and not be very efficient.

I would like to add a new "wing" to this BC. Does anyone have any experience with this rig? The search functionality won't let me enter words smaller than 4 characters so I wasn't able to search. Thanks.

Hey Folks,
For those of you who have dove it, what are the pro's and con's of the Dacor Pro Rig? I will be diving N. Cal (cold,open water) primarily, using a USIA dry suit.
thanx,

V "n" V
:54:

vancehobart:
Hey Folks,
For those of you who have dove it, what are the pro's and con's of the Dacor Pro Rig? I will be diving N. Cal (cold,open water) primarily, using a USIA dry suit.
thanx,

V "n" V
:54:
Hi, I've got a rig pro and I like it alot....it has an incredible amount of lift (more than I'll ever need) reasonably well designed, etc...
just my 2 cents worth.
Bobb

Can't comment on the Rig Pro, but a few years ago I picked up a Rig 2 from an instructor I know from our LDS (who was moving to Papua New Guinea, and couldn't bring it along). It's been very reliable, and the weight system is easy to use, secure, etc. Yes, there are an over-abundance of D-rings, but I remedied this by ID'ing those that would never be useful, and applying a high-tech removal device -- X-acto blade...

It's been a solid performer. Then again, everyone has their opinions regarding these things, and if you search this board using "Dacor Rig" you'll no doubt find more people calling it a POS and a "poseur" BC. Again, I can't speak about newer models, only my second-hand Rig 2, which was a damn good deal, and has served me well.

Bolt cutters also work well to remove vestigal D-rings.

The original Rig was very bulky and tended to rain nuts on bolts on occassion. I have not seen one up close but the Rig Pro seems to be moving in the right direction with the backplate and would appear to be a viable alternative for a diver who wants a well done interated weight system instead of add on weight pockets.

It is not DIR however and that is enough to get it condemned by many people on SB despite whatever other merits it may have.

DA Aquamaster:
...It is not DIR however and that is enough to get it condemned by many people on SB despite whatever other merits it may have.

LOL -- So true. But for my purposes and my money, it suited my needs QUITE well -- back inflation, weight-integrated, a good fit, solidly made, and came with bands for doubles. I've been diving this one for three years, and never had a complaint.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom