• DAN - Master Plan

Votes: 61 29.9%
  • DAN - Standard Plan

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other provider

Votes: 16 7.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Preferred. I got it after one of the two guys I regularly dive with took a hit while on a charter. He was trying to get out of his gear and got impatient, which is his nature anyway. He said he felt a twinge in his arm. Within minutes it spread to his shoulder. He never had to go to a chamber due to some added decompression in water on 100%, as well as 100% on the ride in. He couldn't dive for three months after either. After that I realized no body is immune, and I signed up!
Wreck/Tec

Hey,
I don't have DAN membership yet and I need to get some. I was wondering if this is right:
44$ Family Membership (Me and Dad)
+
70$ Prefered Inshurance Plan
=
114$ a year?

or
44$ Family Membership (Me and Dad)
+
+
=
184$ a year?

Which one is right?

Thankz
Tekkie :bonk:

This came from my handbook from DAN...

FAMILY MEMBERSHIP
Spouse or cohabitator;
Child if unmarried and under 18; or unmarried child who is 18 or older up to 24th birthday as long as:
- enrolled as a full-time student
- not employed
- has the same permanent address

Good luck!

but I am planning to get some soon, can anyone tell me what kinds of prices you are paying for your insurance? I am a padi divemaster and will be living in cancun soon, thanx

I like the Preferred Plan too. As they say "$hit happens"

Tekkie once bubbled...
Which one is right?....

It's my understanding that if your living in the same household then you need one Family Plan $44 plus each diver then needs the insurance, in your case $70 twice.

ABQ Diver mentioned...
It's my understanding that if your living in the same household then you need one Family Plan $44 plus each diver then needs the insurance, in your case $70 twice.
ABQ Diver mentioned...

Is that right? I thought all you had to pay was $44 for the Family Dan Membership and then $70 for the Preferred Plan for the entire family.

Correction. Above I mentioned that you only need to buy the insurance once for the whole family. I called to get mine and that is not accurate. In my case it was $44 for the membership (family) and then $35 x 2 for insurance for my wife and I at the Master Plan Level.

If you don't have dive insurance then get some soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The price of a dive accident is astranomical, and some places wont give you full medical attention with out pre paying or proof of dive insurance.

There are other good insurance companies handeling divers that may be a little cheeper, but DAN is usally concidered the best and it comes with a pretty good magazine.

I have Divesafe that is a little cheeper (no mag) and I'm sure that PADI's insurance would also be good (about the same price as Divesafe).

Do the research and choose one that is right for you but get something regardless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom