Deco software

Which Deco Software do you use?

• Deco-Planner (GUE)

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • V-Planner

Votes: 53 53.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Abyss.
First advanced nitrox , and now trimix version.

I Like it.

Mike D

:blfish:

WreckWriter once bubbled...

DecoPlan www.gue.com comes in a PDA version. Not sure which PDAs it will run on.

Tom
The GUE site has a link to a PDA site. All the units listed will run the program. I got one of the cheapies because all I use it for is running Dplan.

newwavedivers once bubbled...
Aside from GAP not being user friendly, which is true, what differences, or even advantages might it have compared with V-Planner 2.0? Oh, exclude price... :)

Gap is Beullmen with gradient factor deep stops while V-planner is VPM. I don't think gap has any advantages over V-planner but that would depend on which model you feel better using. For the dives I have been doing using Dplan that by playing with the gradient factors I can nearly duplicate the scedule I get with V-planner. The same should be true for GAP. I like to compare how different models handle a given dive. I don't have any RGBM software which is something I will eventually remedy.

From what I understand, the WKPP is moving in the RGBM direction. If so, then the DPlan will probably go in that direction also.

Robert:doctor:

Yooper: do you think that DPlan will become a RGBM algorithm? Or move in that direction?

Robert:doctor:

I haven't heard, but I suspect everything will move in that direction. I believe even NAUI is teaching RGBM (since Wienke is on their board).

Mike

Dplan will become a hybrid of the tables as they are now and VPM. Not sure when it will be released but I'll post the info if I hear....

Just heard from a friend, that Bruce Weinke is coming out with his own deco program. It will be a full blown RGBM and no frills program for windows. That should be interesting to see.

Eric

ericfine50 once bubbled...
Just heard from a friend, that Bruce Weinke is coming out with his own deco program. It will be a full blown RGBM and no frills program for windows. That should be interesting to see.

Eric

waiting to see what the limits will be, primarily as to depth. I'm afraid it may follow NAUI guidelines (220 or so??)

As to the question posted earlier, I do feel that GUE Deco Planner will eventually move to Dr. Weinke's algorythm. I know G3 believes in it and where WKPP goes......

Bruce, what's the answer and when will you release?

Tom

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom