Deco software

Which Deco Software do you use?

• Deco-Planner (GUE)

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • V-Planner

Votes: 53 53.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericfine50,

I don't care how long he worked on this program. If this was shareware then it would matter. But its not. It is an expensive deco program and he changed the rules midgame. Lots of people said the same thing you did. "He worked so long..", "We are indebted to Phil for all of the hard word...", thats BS I satisfied my debt to him when I paypaled $75 to his account.

Lucid,

From what I have been told, DW+ is a completely different program, similar name -but that is where the similarties end. I'm sorry you feel ripped off, but if any of the other deco programs have updates, I am sure you would have to pay for them as well. All of the shareware programs have gone to pay to play. If you feel that ripped, contact Phi, He is not a bad guy.

Eric

I did contact Phil via email. He posted my email on his yahoo group and said he didnt want anymore mail like it. That was his customer service. Honestly I bought DW and Deco Plan at the same time. I just like dplan better and never planned a single dive with DW. I already uninstalled DW so the only thing I lost was $75.

Unlike most people I always register shareware that I use. Mainly to show the developer that I appreciate what they are doing and to show support. Most of the time the lonely software developer appreciates it but every once in a while you run into a Phil that thinks you owe them something and doesn't appreciate your contribution. I have some shareware programs that I registered 5+ years ago and still get free upgrades and support from the developer. Thats customer service.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Since when is GAP RGBM? The version I have isn't. Whatever I use has to run on a palm...10 times better than lugging a lap-top around.
This was posted by BRW over on techdiver..

Yes, try ABYSS for software right now. GAP is also building an RGBM package, and putting RGBM into a Palm Pilot. Also, I will be making a no frills version of the RGBM available for download our site, RGBMdiving.com. None of this is, nor will be, freeware.

O-ring once bubbled...

This was posted by BRW over on techdiver..

Yes, try ABYSS for software right now. GAP is also building an RGBM package, and putting RGBM into a Palm Pilot. Also, I will be making a no frills version of the RGBM available for download our site, RGBMdiving.com. None of this is, nor will be, freeware.

Check the pricing on Abyss......... Let's hope Deco Planner doesnt go this way too. Got a bad feeling.......

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Check the pricing on Abyss......... Let's hope Deco Planner doesnt go this way too. Got a bad feeling.......

WW
...but not lately...is it still a few hundred bucks for the OC trimix version? *shiver*

WreckWriter once bubbled...

I think GAP is still free but I personally wouldn't deco out on it, nor would I deco out on a "demo" version of anything.

WW

WW, What don't you like/distrust about GAP. I find it to be more conservative than V-Planner, and I think the graphic profile driven interface is nice also.
Once you understand how the templates work, it seems to be a good program IMO.

I have looked at decoplanner and found it awkward and not nearly as nice as V-Planner.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...
WW, What don't you like/distrust about GAP. I find it to be more conservative than V-Planner, and I think the graphic profile driven interface is nice also.
Once you understand how the templates work, it seems to be a good program IMO.

I have looked at decoplanner and found it awkward and not nearly as nice as V-Planner.

MD

I simply HATE the interface. Its not so much the results I distrust as much as it is my ability to be certain I used the program correctly. Its the most unintuitive software I've ever used to my mind.

I agree, Deco planner could also be improved. I much prefer V-Planner or decoweenie (Palm)

WW

I think when Weinke's RBGM comes out, it is going to be a no frills type program. I think I heard a price in the range of 100-145 dollars. Not sure if this is still true.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom