Deco software

Which Deco Software do you use?

• Deco-Planner (GUE)

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • V-Planner

Votes: 53 53.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agreee with Wreckwriter, that GUE software will go in the RGBM direction since it is something that they (WKPP) are doing.

Robert

Although I currently use V-planner, I would like to start using GUE deco planner, I have noticed numerous sites with free downloads on z-planner, v-planner, deco dive planner, proplanner, gap, and some abyssmal demo stuff. Has anyone found a free download for GUE deco planner? Other question why is there so much free stuff out there and the GUE deco planner appears to be impossible to find as a free demo or free download? Any thoughts?

Drew

DIVERDREW once bubbled...
Although I currently use V-planner, I would like to start using GUE deco planner, I have noticed numerous sites with free downloads on z-planner, v-planner, deco dive planner, proplanner, gap, and some abyssmal demo stuff. Has anyone found a free download for GUE deco planner? Other question why is there so much free stuff out there and the GUE deco planner appears to be impossible to find as a free demo or free download? Any thoughts?

Drew

None of the good ones are free, not even V-Planner any more. If you want them free you have to steal them.

I think GAP is still free but I personally wouldn't deco out on it, nor would I deco out on a "demo" version of anything.

They're all reasonably priced. Do you have any idea how much work and time go into developing a program like that? Why should they give it away for nothing?

If you support these guys by registering the programs they might be inclined to develop new and better programs.

Don't be a nickle-rocket.

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...

None of the good ones are free, not even V-Planner any more. If you want them free you have to steal them.

I think GAP is still free but I personally wouldn't deco out on it, nor would I deco out on a "demo" version of anything.

They're all reasonably priced. Do you have any idea how much work and time go into developing a program like that? Why should they give it away for nothing?

If you support these guys by registering the programs they might be inclined to develop new and better programs.

Don't be a nickle-rocket.

WW
What I don't get is why Abyss and GAP are the only ones using RGBM...ARRRRRRRGGGH! I really think BRW's stuff makes sense and want to use it, but, IMHO, Decoplanner and V-planner are lightyears ahead in terms of UI and usability..

O-ring once bubbled...

What I don't get is why Abyss and GAP are the only ones using RGBM...

Since when is GAP RGBM? The version I have isn't. Whatever I use has to run on a palm...10 times better than lugging a lap-top around.

Beware of decoweenie. I purchased it a couple of months ago for $75. I purchased it with the understanding that it would included free lifetime upgrades. Two months later the creator wanted $25 for version 6. After some people complained he changed the name from DW 6 to Decoweenie + and is charging more. He is dishonest.

Just an FYI.

Lucid,
Wait a second - Phi is not dishonest. He worked for a very long time on Decoweenie and yes there was a fee. But DW+ is from what he and others have told me is different from decoweenie and that is why he charged for that program. It may have the same name, but the guts of the program are different.

Eric

lucid once bubbled...
Beware of decoweenie. I purchased it a couple of months ago for $75. I purchased it with the understanding that it would included free lifetime upgrades. Two months later the creator wanted $25 for version 6. After some people complained he changed the name from DW 6 to Decoweenie + and is charging more. He is dishonest.

Just an FYI.

I disagree. DW is a great program, one of the best out there. I've found Phi to be very responsive and helpful. He's just trying to make a buck, he's put a ton of work into this thing.

WW

-
I am not questioning the ability of his software. It may be a great program. But as far as I am concerned he is dishonest. I was treated poorly by him when I questioned what he was doing. I payed more for his program than I did for any other deco software. Then barely 2 months after I payed he wants $25. I have buttons that don't function on the version I paid for and he wants more money. I got into it with Phil and his groupies and don't want to start again. Its just my opinion and you can ignore it if you don't like =]

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom