DeepBlu Cosmiq....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Subsurface for holding my dive log.
SNIP
I would hate to have my dive data locked into some proprietary dive log where I could not use the same log to hold data from other computers if I eventually replaced the current computer at some point down the road.

I agree. I use Subsurface too. I will continue to bring my Viper until they implement some sort of export capability.

For those worried that their dive data may be locked into a properietary dive log, I have created the Deepblu Backup Tool, which gives you access to any dive logs you have uploaded to Deepblu as well as your COSMIQ dive data.

You can find it here: Deepblu Backup Tool

Have been trying to import the file obtained from the tool to Subsurface and keep getting a "Failed to parse" error.

Found it: In line 751 of the xml there is an '&'-character that should not be there. Replace that by '&' and Subsurface can read the file. @bluppfisk you need to to quote xml-meaningful characters in the notes.

Found it: In line 751 of the xml there is an '&'-character that should not be there. Replace that by '&' and Subsurface can read the file. @bluppfisk you need to to quote xml-meaningful characters in the notes.

Thank you! That worked perfectly!

Interested in one of these and wondering if the newest firmware has fixed the issues reported earlier in this thread?

Mainly setup changes on the app that stick, audible alarms that can be turned on/off, the removal of lockout mode, etc.

Back
Top Bottom