Delrin caps for DIN valves...Source?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if they are delrin or some other type of plastic but I got some from LP. I am going to replace them with some SS ones from www.dinplugs.com because I have had a valve open up in th back of my truck and lost a lot of gass on the way to the dive. The plastic plugs have a hole in them and cost about $12 US and the SS ones from dinplugs.com are $22 US. If your valve opens and you have the SS ones in you just close the valve and use a wrench to get the plug out.

TTSkipper

TTSkipper:
Not sure if they are delrin or some other type of plastic but I got some from LP. I am going to replace them with some SS ones from www.dinplugs.com because I have had a valve open up in th back of my truck and lost a lot of gass on the way to the dive. The plastic plugs have a hole in them and cost about $12 US and the SS ones from dinplugs.com are $22 US. If your valve opens and you have the SS ones in you just close the valve and use a wrench to get the plug out.

TTSkipper

Thanks Skipper...

Actually, I was looking for what might be thought of as the opposite of this product. I am in search of a supplier for the caps to screw onto the "male" threads of the DIN regulator...

jagfish:
I am in search of a supplier for the caps to screw onto the "male" threads of the DIN regulator...

I can't tell you where to get 'em but make sure you get an unvented one with an o-ring - it seals better when you are soaking your reg. The one I use (also unvented) has no o-ring; I bought it from a shop in Thailand that sells Halcyon stuff so it might be Halcyon. I actually saw the one with o-ring in the Maldives and the owner told me that he had bought it in France.

You could try Dive Rite - check out http://www.dive-rite.com/products/gas/din_caps.htm - I'm not sure whether those are made from Delrin though.

I know this is super old, but my quick search bought this up and my post may help out others. Delrin products...

DIN plugs (male end): DRIS. Ocean Rigger. Divers Supply. Extreme Exposure. Trident.

DIN caps (female): Amazon. NEScubaSupply.

Extra... I like these

Thumbwheel nuts for backplate (replaces wing nuts): DGE.

You can find them just about anywhere that caters to cave/tech diving, but I buy mine off ebay for ~$5 a pop. Just search for "Din Dust Cap".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom