Delta 4 frustration.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tech guys that aren't diving very cold water may want to consider getting the PX3 DIN first stage only and a GT3 second stage only and getting the hose length they want. Cold the CDX5 or the FDX10 are great as well(the plastic referred to on the FDX10 in a post above wouldn't effect the reg if it was actually busted off, all you would do is lose the environmental kit)

It gives you incredible performance at a low cost.

It's also what I run on my tech gear all around, I have to pay for this stuff as well and want the most possible bang for the buck when I have 6 regs dedicated to tech.

I have dove and owned virtually all of the "big names" in tech regs over the last dozen plus years and feel just as confident and breath as well or better (as deep as I plan to go in the 250-350 range)with these than regs I've spent 3 times as much on.

The hose routing on both doubles and singles is excellent and I can de-tune my backup and stages/deco when not in use and scootering without gas loss.

If anybody questions this I gladly will meet up with them here in the SE (and cave country) and you can compare them yourself.

Make no mistake guys, yes I am a Oceanic rep., however just because I "should" be "diving the brand I rep" I WILL NOT dive gear that I have any question on during a tech dive or gear that doesn't do the job and do it darn well.

best,

Chris

NAUI Tech Course Director and Instructor, TDI Instructor

I might just be able to dive my Delta4/FDX10's this weekend. I ordered the din conversion kit for 2 regs 4 or so weeks ago and aftermuch harrassment from the LDS owner Oceanic has decided I am worthy of them. I was there when he ordered the items, I was there when he called Oceanic about the tardiness of the order, so I know it wasn't him. Seems his order got lost in the shuffle and pushed back to a november ship date by mistake. I'm not certain how the LDS's can stay in business when internet pricing and same day shipping is so prevalent on the net but my LDS can't get product on the shelves. You guys might look into this. Maybe ship less to non-dealers like leisurepro and more to the people who stand behind it?:no

I apologize if this looks like a rant, but I feel like you should know how things look from my doorstep.

HP doubles $1000
Nitek he $600
2 Delta 4/FDX10's $900
BP/W harness, guages, hoses $830
Pony bottle and Alpha 8 reg $350

Having to borrow old beat up Mares regs to dive your new gear before tech class starts.....priceless!

Meister481:
I might just be able to dive my Delta4/FDX10's this weekend. I ordered the din conversion kit for 2 regs 4 or so weeks ago and aftermuch harrassment from the LDS owner Oceanic has decided I am worthy of them. I was there when he ordered the items, I was there when he called Oceanic about the tardiness of the order, so I know it wasn't him. Seems his order got lost in the shuffle and pushed back to a november ship date by mistake. I'm not certain how the LDS's can stay in business when internet pricing and same day shipping is so prevalent on the net but my LDS can't get product on the shelves. You guys might look into this. Maybe ship less to non-dealers like leisurepro and more to the people who stand behind it?:no

I apologize if this looks like a rant, but I feel like you should know how things look from my doorstep.

HP doubles $1000
Nitek he $600
2 Delta 4/FDX10's $900
BP/W harness, guages, hoses $830
Pony bottle and Alpha 8 reg $350

Having to borrow old beat up Mares regs to dive your new gear before tech class starts.....priceless!

PM me the dealer name, I'll pass along to their rep who will address whatever the inside problem is. That is not acceptable to us.

Meister481:
. You guys might look into this. Maybe ship less to non-dealers like leisurepro and more to the people who stand behind it?:no

We DO NOT ship to leisurepro, in fact we do not ship to any dealer an order we may believe will get to leisurepro.

In fact we have spent thousands of dollars in just the last few months alone buying our own product from LP so we can track the serial number and find out how LP is getting the our product and shut the involved pipelines down.

We are among the most proactive companies in the industry when it comes to doing things above board in regard to the grey market and the damage it does to the LDS, we also have developed our dealer "policies" to allow our dealers the ability to compete with the internet and also allow our final consumers (those that buy and dive Oceanic) to get the best value for their money of any brand of scuba equipment. We also stand behind our product with internal policies to ensure custumer service and satisfaction is the primary goal.

If you have heard different please ask the source to contact us with their concerns. Ths is one subject (among others ) that we have NO fear of addressing with our dealers.

I have a few friends that are commercial spearfisherman that dive approximately 100-125 DAYS (2-4 dives per day) every year in depths between 70 and 190 feet. I don't remember what models they use, but they are very happy with the performance and reliability of their Oceanic regulators. On a multi-day commercial fishing trip, these regulators do not get rinsed at all. There is just too much to do during an offshore trip to "baby" any of the fishing or diving equipment. I think that if the regulators can stand up to this type of abuse and commonly go 12-18 months between service intervals, they should be more than adequate for most divers.

They have also been very happy with the apparent simplicity of the regulators and the speed with which the shop can do repairs/overhauls. This is in direct contrast to some others which still use Scuba Pro and have experienced poor customer service and extended delays for overhauls on a number of occasions. Also, the cost for repairs always seems higher for Scuba Pro for some reason. When people ask me what brand of regulator to buy, Oceanic is always mentioned.. from what I can tell it is the best VALUE in regulators.

Cerich,

Someone really needs to address this problem. The Oceanic order came in to my LDS today, minus 2 din conversions. They told him on the phone last Wed. that his entire order would be shipped out the same day. Thursday I had him order a 7' hose, a day after the order was to be shipped out. Turns out the order was shipped friday, and minus my 2 conversions. Now I have my 7' hose that I can use to tie up my gear boxes for my 5 hour drive to the dive site. I can even use my delta4 regs as ankle weights now that they are of no practical use to me for my last club trip of the year. Pitiful!

I'm a business owner myself, so I understand that things get geeked up from time to time. If there was a cluster $#%^ of this magnitude in my shop someone would be looking for a job and the customer would get some incentives to appease them.

Leisure pro has these in stock and ready to ship to my door in as little as 48 hours.
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Cate...ck/DescSort_0/Accessories/OCNDAK99.html?Hit=1

Stand in my shoes for a minute. How upset would you be?

Edited for spelling 10-19-06 7:12pm et

Meister481:
Cerich,

Someone really needs to address this problem. The Oceanic order came in to my LDS today, minus 2 din conversions. They told him on the phone last Wed. that his entire order would be shipped out the same day. Thursday I had him order a 7' hose, a day after the order was to be shipped out. Turns out the order was shipped friday, and minus my 2 conversions. Now I have my 7' hose that I can use to tie up my gear boxes for my 5 hour drive to the dive site. I can even use my delta4 regs as ankle weights now that they are of no practical use to me for my last club trip of the year. Pitiful!

I'm a business owner myself, so I understand that things get geeked up from time to time. If there was a cluster $#%^ of this magnatude in my shop someone would be looking for a job and the customer would get some incentives to appease them.

Leisure pro has these in stock and ready to ship to my door in as little as 48 hours.
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Cate...ck/DescSort_0/Accessories/OCNDAK99.html?Hit=1

Stand in my shoes for a minute. How upset would you be?

I have been following this thread the past few. Chris and I spoke about your issue late last night. He is on the road in the middle nowhere and asked me to help out. First and foremost in answer to your question, yes I would be upset and it brings me no joy to inform you that somewhere down the line we just screwed up at Oceanic and for whatever the reason the DIN conversions did not make the order. That being said we have the DIN's ready to go out the door red label today, AM delivery anywhere you desire. Just need some details on where a delivery would work for you. Early AM Friday delivery to store? Early AM Friday or Saturday delivery to where you are diving is an option, if it is possible to deliver to that location or a retailer near there. The Midwest rep handling the store you purchased from is involved and looking into the mistakes that allowed this to happen. We have included an Oceanic cap in the order and the overnight freight will of course be handled by us. Please feel free to contact me via PM and let me know the best place to allow these DIN conversion kits to reach you. Again our apologies.

Cordially,
Darryl Bowerman
Regional Sales Manager

Update:

I have been promised the DIN kits in the morning.

Don't take this as a hit to Oceanic's product line, their equipment is top notch and I haven't had any complaints about the products themselves. My only complaint is contained in this thread. Chris and Darryl have made things happen and renewed my faith in Oceanic.

I'll report back when the T&E on the new setup is complete.:eyebrow:

Well, my din kits came in and were installed immediately. Then I went looking for my 7' hose, only to find out that it was about 4 feet short. The hose sent was a standard hose. Luckily I had made arrangements in case the din kits turned out to be a yolk conversion kit or something along those lines. My friend and instructor brought his Dive Rite regs along with long hose so I was set. I decided to give fate a try and just took the 7' hose off his regs.

I'm lucky enough to be the owner of an Alpha 8, so upon arrivel at the site I quickly jerked the 4' hose off my pony bottle reg and installed the swivel system onto it. After a little adjustment it was breathing properly. I quickly adapted the delta 4 to a standard hose outlet and had a working set of regs for the weekend. I had to tweak the long hose reg a little to keep it from having a slight leak of gas. The regs performed flawlessly.

Kudos to Chris, Darryl and the gentleman who sent the items.

From the hose being too short I'm pretty sure you guys are having some problems with the help in the shipping department. A business with a growing market share is almost certain to have logistical problems, it's unfortunate- but inevitable.

Can you please see to it that my hose makes it to the shop in the next couple weeks? I don't have another dive scheduled until the 4th, so the rush is over.

cerich:
In fact we have spent thousands of dollars in just the last few months alone buying our own product from LP so we can track the serial number and find out how LP is getting the our product and shut the involved pipelines down.

So just outta curiousity.... where DOES LeisurePro get all their 'unauthorized grey-market' equipment?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom