• I get narced, but I am unaware of it

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • I never, ever get narced

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • 1 meter (for Walter)

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimC then took the idea to a "geeky" (sorry Jim) entertainment "what if" level. English speaking people often forget that sarcasm isn't universal. Hope that helps.

No offence taken, I am a geek. :wink:

Mike,

The "soooooo strange" part of my post was ironic too :) You people are not strange !
What I meant iwas that sometimes it's hard to understand all of a foreign culture, especially humour.
French people have a very special humour, very different from the American one (and even more different from the UK one...)

But anyway, it's no big deal...

She'll catch on. I can't imagin tryng to do this is a second language.

Hey maybe we should all switch languages for a day and see what happens. we could have a drawing to see what language we get.

Anyone got any ideas for a simple test to assess one's own state of mind? I've never felt any different at depth, but that doesn't mean anything. Did a timed test in AOW, but we weren't very deep (20m) and the fact that it was completely dark at that depth seemed impairing enough to account for the slight increase in the time taken to complete the task.

Zept

PS: Amanda, people from Singapore mostly dive up the east coast of peninsula Malaysia, at Aur, Tioman, Redang or the Perhentians (in order of closeness). Training dives quite often take place at the Singapore Southern Islands, but the vis there is rubbish (about 1m/3ft).

Hmm... I have never "felt" narced. The deepest I have ever been, I didn't subjectively feel any different than I do hovering near the surface.

This worries me as I have been quite deep on air and from all the reading I've done on it, I WAS narced (or darn well should have been).

I'm guessing we were just lucky to have a 'perfect' dive. RE: nothing went wrong where one or both of us would have needed to think/react quickly to prevent an accident.

For now, I've decided not to dive deep again till I get my cert in tri-mix. Hoping to have it by late this fall or so.

The "one day in your another language" seems funny to me...

Seriez-vous tous d'accord pour essayer ? Ca m'etonnerait :wink:

Amanda once bubbled...
Seriez-vous tous d'accord pour essayer ? Ca m'etonnerait :wink:

Hmm... I have absolutely no french skill, but playing with the translator on my Palm pilot [left over from a business trip to Lyon] i don't know what you said, but d'accord comes up as "Laughing Jackass"!!! :)

My interpretion is it's a query to see who's in favor of trying it out?

Back
Top Bottom