Destin Jetties, Sailboat, Morrison, HighTower, PCB Jetties Dive Reports 5-19 & 5-20-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hah, sweet, I just realized that I'm no longer a "0-24 dives" member! woo!

SuPrBuGmAn:
So if I lay my backseat down flat(sits flush) I can lay nearly completely stretched out in the back of my wagon. The sleeping bag kept me warm, despite our frigid mid-50F FL night. Crashed at the Ponce De Leon rest area Saturday night, felt safer than Vortex, but far less fun.

Well from what I heard, you missed the "fun" at Vortex by not camping there....

Some folks from my local dive club showed up at the jetties right after we got through diving and had been camping at Vortex the previous two nights.

Apparantly there was a "huge fight" with the "locals" and of course lots of alcohol was involved. The Sheriff was out multiple times, the EMT's and Paramedics were out to take care of wounded fighters, and somebody reportedly beat up a pregnant woman. Other mayham included someone tearing up a bunch of tents, etc...

After all that settled down, and they were trying to get the area settled down, they found some 14 year old local kid rolled up in one of the tents drunk, passed out and vomitted all over himself. He was non-responsive and the paramedics were called back out and it was ruled that he had fallen victum to alcohol poisoning.....

all in all, numerous people went to jail and the hospital..... Never a dull night at the Vortex campground. No wonder they are trying to sell the place.

Vortex is sold. Connie and Danny will still be running it for several years though, they said it'll be about 8-10 years before the people who bought the area develope that particular site.

Home sweet home, for a night.

RestArea.jpg

Morrison Springs

Morrison363.jpg

Morrison360.jpg

HighTower Springs

Hightower374.jpg

Hightower366.jpg

Brunson Landing Springs

BrunsonLanding382.jpg

Nice spring shots SBM.

Brunson, to me, still looks a lot like that un-named spring in the other thread.

Yeah, I want to see it again with more sunlight. The photo is actually exposed correctly for viewing, but the ambient light we had to look at it when we found it was much much lower... It was about 7:30PM.

Thanks for the great report and pictures Mat and Yoda.

Finally a trip report. Thanks to all who contributed. Those are some great pictures everyone. Even you ShagMan. I dont think SeaYoda showed you up, Much. Ha.

Wish I could have made it. Sounds like I missed a good time. See ya next time.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Vortex is sold. Connie and Danny will still be running it for several years though, they said it'll be about 8-10 years before the people who bought the area develope that particular site.

I heard it was either signed on or closed on the deal about two weeks ago..... but didn't hear any real details.

So what are the future plans for the site besides they'll run it for the next couple years.

Are the new developers going to use it for diving or condo complex, wildlife park, zoo (well it's already a zoo and wildlife park so to say) or what?

what improvements are planned?

Nice report and pics! The fam will appreciate seeing what it is I look at when I dive. Those shots at Morrision are great! And for the record, I'm not DIR. Just keeping myself in practice with the long hose :)

Great reports and great photos. It sounds like I missed some great diving, great food and a good "knife fight". My cold is still hanging on, so I'm on the injured reserve list until I get over it. Maybe next time I’ll be able to hookup with y’all.

P.S. Clay, hope you find a dog sitter next time

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom