Did someone really throw a DM's gear off the boat?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Germans call this shadenfreud :wink:

The German have a language all their own....

[youtubehq]-_xUIDRxdmc#at=14[/youtubehq]

What is this "popcorn" you speak of?
Germans call this shadenfreud :wink:
Maybe, not sure. Wikipedia defines that...
Schadenfreude i/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/ (German: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This word is a loanword from German, the direct English translation is 'Damage-Joy' or 'Fail-Joy', it is the feeling of joy when one sees another fail
Which is not the same thing really.

The usual meaning for popcorn here on this discussion board is more of a spectator who thinks the argument looks interesting enough to watch, but not wanting to get involved. We used to have a smilie for it
popcornlg.gif
but some thought it was used excessively so now it's not readily available to all. :cool:

But a lot are OK with a hot looking blond, doing a GoPro ad holding onto the back of a Great White. Double standards?

No Tony, we despise that too. That's why we post the video everytime, in SHOCK! Evenmore, get me the contact info for the blonde and I will personally go have a long talk with her.

:D:D

Why is a dive master letting a client into the water with a lionfish spear in the marine park? I've seen plenty of dive masters tell people to take their gloves off or leave the knife on the boat, can't see how a diver gets in the water with a lion fish spear in the marine park and a dive master, especially one so seemingly respected allowing it.

Just to say so, also about the throwing gear into the water, could be anywhere from stripping the dive master naked and throwing his wet suit, bcd, tank, mask, fins etc... overboard or as simple as whipping his noise maker overboard. Not saying any of it would be right, but I don't automatically interpret 'gear' to mean the worst. As has been said by Gordon, somewhere in the middle the truth lies on both parties of the story.

---------- Post added August 11th, 2013 at 02:20 PM ----------

The German have a language all their own....

[youtubehq]-_xUIDRxdmc#at=14[/youtubehq]

That's funny as hell!

Wow.... my point was that a major dive op might have a different take on what happened AND liability, rather than an independent free-lancer who can say anything they want. That was my only point about the name of DM or dive op. As I thought, it was a free-lancer, sorry don't know him, and therefore is more at liberty to say whatever he wants on the internet. And as others have noted.... the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I would love to hear from other divers on the boat... but we have not heard from them yet.

Somebody give them a call and let them know the are subject of this thread.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Names removed to protect ScubaBoard and the (maybe) innocent. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

Good try, too bad it doesn't work that way on the internet. It's always cached or rebroadcast somewhere. I know of one such site if you'd like to see the page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom