Did someone really throw a DM's gear off the boat?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good try, too bad it doesn't work that way on the internet. It's always cached or rebroadcast somewhere. I know of one such site if you'd like to see the page.

True, but that doesn't mean that Scubaboard has to continue being a party to it.

These sites attribute SB as the source. Maybe deleting is enough to show good faith. I can't say.

Their saying it doesn't make it true.

Do any of the ones of which you're aware include the information from my post that this originated in a Facebook group for Cozumel locals?

Since we're reviving this thread, any new or cooroborating info?

Why, if its true, would you make the poor guy go to Iowa? Hasn't he suffered enough?

Iowa is America. Red Oak Iowa is a nice town. On an overnight there a few years ago I went to the square where they had a farmers market in the evening. It was a great experience.

Iowa is America. Red Oak Iowa is a nice town. On an overnight there a few years ago I went to the square where they had a farmers market in the evening. It was a great experience.
Given that the population of Los Angeles alone is over three times that of the entire state of Iowa, I wouldn't exactly call Iowa America. It's just a big patch of corn with a few people scattered about that pick the corn.

Red Oak Iowa is a nice town.

Red Oak is like 250 miles from Cedar Rapids, where these divers were stated to be from. CR has a nice dive shop, a great farmers market, and a few other interesting diversions, but the city smells awful.

---------- Post added August 22nd, 2013 at 07:25 PM ----------

It's just a big patch of corn with a few people scattered about that pick the corn.

Well, that's just a gross generalizations. We're more than just corn. There are pigs here too.

(Actually, to be perfectly honest, my life in Iowa is almost identical to my life when I lived in Austin, Houston, and Dayton. Since the floods took out the theatre, there is less traveling-off broadway, but otherwise, I pretty much do the same stuff. Live music and strip malls are everywhere. Though I'm lucky to live in a university city where we have awesome local restaurants and a diverse international community.)

Well, that's just a gross generalizations. We're more than just corn. There are pigs here too.

(Actually, to be perfectly honest, my life in Iowa is almost identical to my life when I lived in Austin, Houston, and Dayton. Since the floods took out the theatre, there is less traveling-off broadway, but otherwise, I pretty much do the same stuff. Live music and strip malls are everywhere. Though I'm lucky to live in a university city where we have awesome local restaurants and a diverse international community.)
I know. I had planned on mentioning the pigs, but didn't want to get "moderated". Pig is ambiguous. Corn is a safer topic :)

Your university city is probably much more happening than the boring college town next door to my burg. Maybe that's the problem with putting a college town so close to a big city. It would stand out more in Iowa, I suppose, what with all the corn fields and pigs surrounding it.

What does Cedar Rapids smell like? Anything to do with the pigs, or does all that corn mean too much fiber in the residents' diets?

Cedar Rapids just smells bad. It's from the Quaker Oats factory, corn processing. Not pigs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom