Did someone really throw a DM's gear off the boat?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some people should be denied passports...!!

[h=5]THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY
"THOMAS COOK VACATIONS" FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS :

1. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

2. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."

3. "On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price"

5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."

6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."

7. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."

10. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England . It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort'. We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."

15. "There were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

19. "My fiance and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became
pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."[/h]

Wow, if I didn't know better I'd say these were all made up, but unfortunately I know better.

A good argument for abortion and forced sterilizations. As well as "stupid" police. They would track down the people who sent these complaints and slap the crap out of them!

Let's say, just maybe, the guy was having a very bad day. He hasn't got lucky in a very long while, the breakfast he had just sucked, jock itch, his wife just found out about his girl friend, his son borrowed his porsche and wrecked it while he's in Coz, the feds just swung by the house and grabbed his laptop and home computer, naw, it still don't justify that kind of behavior.......:shakehead:

I was on a live-a-board a number of years ago when a couple got into a rip roaring fist fight right under the boat. I'm talking bruises and abrasions by the time they got back on board and that is hard to do when trying to throw a punch underwater.

The stories I could tell from my many trips on live-a-board's (and not bargain basement operators). One couple would down about 2 fifths of rum "every" night, go diving the next day and ran out of air several times during the week (I'm talking both tanks empty and 2 spare airs empty). Another brand new live-a-board boat on it's first week in service hit a huge coral head as we were moving locations and put a nice hole in the hull. One time a Zodiak skiff broke away from the big boat. One of the crew jumped in trying to swim to it (no floatation device) but the wind took it so the crewman was dead tired from trying to swim to catch it and was to far away from the big boat to swim back.. long story short, he almost drowned but they unmoored the big boat in record time and got the crewman back just in time but it took quite a while to catch up to the Zodiak. On and on.. It was always interesting.
Remind me when you're booking a Livaboard so that I make sure I don't go on yours. That's some serious bad luck with Livaboards!

---------- Post added August 24th, 2013 at 07:43 AM ----------

Maybe you're right; It's just sad to see. I guess there are some people who just don't care how their actions effect those around them. Even if the DM had been overly rude to them for their actions, that in no way justifies them chunking his dive gear overboard if that indeed happened. I hope they at least offered to pay for his gear or give him their own for that stunt.
I'm beginning to see a lot more rudeness in the younger generations (50 and younger) in medical practice as well. When I first got into medicine, people were so nice and respectful to medical staff. Now they treat us like fast food operators-or worse. Yelling and screaming, threatening when they don't get what they want. Times are not what they used to be and people are just not the same.

---------- Post added August 24th, 2013 at 07:51 AM ----------

Red Oak is like 250 miles from Cedar Rapids, where these divers were stated to be from. CR has a nice dive shop, a great farmers market, and a few other interesting diversions, but the city smells awful.

---------- Post added August 22nd, 2013 at 07:25 PM ----------

Well, that's just a gross generalizations. We're more than just corn. There are pigs here too.

(Actually, to be perfectly honest, my life in Iowa is almost identical to my life when I lived in Austin, Houston, and Dayton. Since the floods took out the theatre, there is less traveling-off broadway, but otherwise, I pretty much do the same stuff. Live music and strip malls are everywhere. Though I'm lucky to live in a university city where we have awesome local restaurants and a diverse international community.)
I went to school in Mt.Vernon,IA. Lovely place,except the winters are a little rough.

---------- Post added August 24th, 2013 at 07:43 AM ----------

[/QUOTE]I'm beginning to see a lot more rudeness in the younger generations (50 and younger) in medical practice as well. When I first got into medicine, people were so nice and respectful to medical staff. Now they treat us like fast food operators-or worse. Yelling and screaming, threatening when they don't get what they want. Times are not what they used to be and people are just not the same.[/QUOTE]

Not to go off topic but I can understand the people being upset at the Medical professions....EVERY time I have been to the Doctor I have Been early for my scheduled apt and yet I am left sitting in the waiting room for a good 20-30 minutes past my Appt time, then I am shown to little room by a nurse whom does the blood pressure etc etc.. then I am left in the office for another good 20 minutes before the Doc even comes in to look at my problem by now I have been their not seen by the Doctor for 45-50 minutes past my scheduled apt time...he looks for 5 minutes writews out some prescription for some Drug with evil side effects Bills me a Crazy amount for the services ive received...To me my time is worth just as much as that docs time so to over schedule patients to the point that people are waiting an hour beyond their apt time...Well I get pissed also. Don't want to be treated like a fast food operator...don't treat patients like fast food....Just sayin !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom