Dining in Mexico aka....Help me settle an argument

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A more serious answer to your question...
Your argument isn't about money.
It's about style, and plans, and vision...
You can easily feed two quite well for a week in Cozumel for around $200, if you really want to. Or, you can eat every meal at the fancy restaurants on the north side of San Miguel & stick to call drinks and easily spend $4000.
If your vision is to eat in, eat "local" and drink beer at local establishments, a grand is plenty; if her vision is fancy dining, a grand is pocket change.
Y'all need to look through the same glass.
Or, as I said before, just take more money.
:)
Rick

This is a great thread. I wish this site had existed before my first Coz trip. It would be hilarious to post all the stupid stuff I did before I learned the ropes down there.

Nose around this Coz Forum for a bit. Someone is always posting about great new places that I'm gonna try. My criteria is great tasting food with reasonable prices. Christi has an updated (very important) eating guide that helps you like crazy.

Try a bit of all the advice (espec Tio Ricky) and find your own groove. A grand outta do it, unless you are crazy lushes or bizarre gourmands.

Anyone notice this post was from Dec 05? Awww....who cares, still nice to think/talk about Cozumel, right?

Haha! I was just about to post the same thing...this thread started in 2005. It's still a topic that is helpful to people coming to the island for the first time, but those that are addressing the OP...well, I think he's figured it out by now :)

I like what Ricky had to say. That said, if you take more than a grand, I think you'll have lots left over. We get by for about $20 or $30/day for meals out (including liquor) eating at local/mom and pop/taquerias. Plus whatever we spend at Chedraui for liquor, breakfasts and snacks. We usually only eat about 2 meals a day - breakfast and supper with snacks in between. I don't get back from diving until early afternoon generally and am in bed by around 8 or 9 p.m.

Haha! I was just about to post the same thing...this thread started in 2005. It's still a topic that is helpful to people coming to the island for the first time, but those that are addressing the OP...well, I think he's figured it out by now :)

I didn't notice. I earned a "doh".

I got nailed by the "old thread gets bumped by a noob" trick.

But, as mamy have mentioned, any Coz food thread is worth posting to.

Back
Top Bottom