Dinner get together---any hope???

Which restaurant do you like to go on December 1st?

• Santorini Greek Kitchen

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Steak & Ale

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Works for me. I saw the writing on the wall and went ahead and took my wife to Santorini's last night. :D

And he is going back Monday night alone for Martini and Massage Night! :D

Ok. Let's finalize the place.....

Steak and Ale. :biggrin3:

Jim, it is going to be at least eight members. Could you please make a reservation for us? Thanks in advance,

Next, what time are we going to meet over there?

7 p.m.?

Who is going to dive before then? It will be brrr water. :)

:xmastree::sleigh:

I'm up for the dive and the dine!!

I think 6 pm would work better for the dine since a lot of us have around a 2 hour drive. That way we can be home around 9ish.
With dinning at 6 we could meet for the dive around noon and still get in two dives...or one looong dive with the doubles. :D

I'm up for the dive and the dine!!

I think 6 pm would work better for the dine since a lot of us have around a 2 hour drive. That way we can be home around 9ish.
With dinning at 6 we could meet for the dive around noon and still get in two dives...or one looong dive with the doubles. :D

With the diving plan (two dives from 12 p.m.), 6 p.m. will be tight. You have to hit the road at at least 5 p.m. to catch up 6 p.m. gathering. In addition, you CANNOT be home around 9ish.. Man, we are going to the restaurant, not a fast food chain... :eyebrow:

With the diving plan (two dives from 12 p.m.), 6 p.m. will be tight. You have to hit the road at at least 5 p.m. to catch up 6 p.m. gathering. In addition, you CANNOT be home around 9ish.. Man, we are going to the restaurant, not a fast food chain... :eyebrow:

Hour and a half+ or - to drive home, remaining time is for eating. BS or HP is just over two hours from home minus travel to Steak & Ale. There should be no problem eating and being back home in 3 hours. The restaurant is closer to Indy..correct? If they can't get my meal to me in an hour then let me know now so I can back out of this.
If you figure one hour dives here is the time table.

noon-Arrive, talk and set up gear for one hour.
1 o'clock-in the water
2-o'clock out of water
2-3 o'clock-SI
3 o'clock-in the water
4 o'clock-out of the water
4-5 o'clock- stash gear and what ever else.
5-6...Lord forbid that it takes an hour to get to the restaurant.

If you want to do a third dive then we may want to bump it back an hour. Personally I am thinking about diving the doubles and see if someone wants to do one long dive.

Anybody heard from Bill??

I'll be diving and dining with everyone. My wife will also join us for dinner. I don't have dubs yet, so 2 x 1 hr dives works best for me. I'm also fine just doing one dive and staying down as long as my air holds out. The doubles folks can then just stay down a bit longer. Doesn't much matter to me if I get in 1 or 2 dives.

Hour and a half+ or - to drive home, remaining time is for eating. BS or HP is just over two hours from home minus travel to Steak & Ale. There should be no problem eating and being back home in 3 hours. The restaurant is closer to Indy..correct?

You are so bad.. :no It is a year-end party... We need to talk and eat more than one hour. OK, two hours and you will be back withiin a hour. :mooner:

Let's decide where to dive after getting Jim's review about Hidden Paradise this coming weekend.

Let's decide where to dive after getting Jim's review about Hidden Paradise this coming weekend.

Yea Wally ... Jim's review. They don't care what you have to say! :D

I was at Blue Springs yesterday. They're in the process of replacing the main platform. The old platform has been cut loose and now sits on the bottom just off of the main dock on the N side. It's a bit of a surprise to follow the line from the tubes over to what used to be the 20' platform ... and notice that you're descending ... and descending ... and descending ... and then you find the platform ... at about 45'!

I got in two nice, relaxing 1 hr dives. I also got a chance to try out my new Weezle Extreme+. The water was a balmy 54 F so it was just a preliminary test, but I like it so far.

Back
Top Bottom