DIR (Doing it Right) Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
You mean freeflow a bit?

yup seems to plague them if our community of divers is any indication...

I had a Mares which did that. My buddy just got 2 DS4s. I have 1 ATX 200 and 1 Zeagle Flathead. That's probably not DIR to have mismatched regs.

its only not DIR if they don't work or fail.

Blitz:
Is it just the DS4s or all Apeks firsts?

he was talking about the mares freeflow issue on the second stages.

The diaphram issue on apeks is not as common % wise.

DIR regs, almost anything but servo regs or regs you cant remove the second stage cover.

Blitz:
Is it just the DS4s or all Apeks firsts?

i'm only aware of DS4s.

problem seems to be more common on regs that see deep dives (particularly 320 fsw). the regs of mine that had the problem were bought used and have seen 320 fsw in the past, but they were rebuilt and then after i dove them awhile started having the problem...

cerich:
he was talking about the mares freeflow issue on the second stages.

actually i thought it was the same problem but apparently i didn't understand what the mares freeflow issue is. different issue then.

The diaphram issue on apeks is not as common % wise.

common enough around here that people are looking for an alternative.

I have noticed a little flow in mine, but I dialed it back and it seems fine..... Maybe I had the adjustment knob cranked too far. Thanks Lamont!

Blitz:
I have noticed a little flow in mine, but I dialed it back and it seems fine..... Maybe I had the adjustment knob cranked too far. Thanks Lamont!

the regs that i just turned in i had finally wound up cranking the adjustment knob all the way in to stop the free flowing. i was complaining about it over chowder and beer with another diver tuesday night and he was commenting that the reg he had just been using in the water had been dribbling the whole dive...

Are Aqua Lung legends able to remove the cover, or a modification known that would allow it?

How important is that anyways? Answers welcomed from all.

I'll make sure that Tom doesn't go deeper than 300 feet with his DS4s. :lol:

TheRedHead:
I'll make sure that Tom doesn't go deeper than 300 feet with his DS4s. :lol:

well, i don't think the guy i was talking to on tuesday night does the 320 dives, i'd guess his limit is 180 based on his cert level and experience, and i've been doing more diving down to 120 on a regular basis, but i'm still nowhere close to 300...

Back
Top Bottom