DIR Vs PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys think maybe he figgured out a way to get them off in the last year and a half? :D

We can tell what kind of searches you've been doing Mark :wink:

Heat them up with a hair dyer on the highest setting, then slide them right off.

Charlie99:
From the dates, it look like Larry of Scubatoys is the one doing the search on "hose protector" + "KY jelly" :banana:

I stand corrected.

James Goddard:
You guys think maybe he figgured out a way to get them off in the last year and a half? :D

We can tell what kind of searches you've been doing Mark :wink:

????

Im Innocent I swear...

Gareth:
haha, just kidding.

However, now I have your attention can someone please tell me how to take those daft hose protectors off reg hoses. I pulled one back tonight and found the metal is already discoloured. Begone, foul things! I've tried dropping them in hot water to soften them, as someone suggested, but that didn't seem to work.

I feel like a kid scratching his head trying to figure out why the round peg won't go into the square slot.

Cheers, and sorry to those ready to flame :)

Gareth

You haven't explained why you want them off. As for calling them "daft", they serve a useful purpose. You are however, supposed to slide them away from the end of the hose for maintenance (washing) and to let the metal endings dry faster without water retention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom