Dive bloopers and practical jokes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not necessarily a joke, as it could potentially be dangerous, but something I can see my Dive buddies doing to me or to each other nonetheless.

Diver Stuck on Boat

Thats why you stay clear of gear with a crouch strap :p

Those of you who get to dive in aquariums (like Atlanta aquarium of Epcot centre), swim to the edge of a viewing window then take your reg out, open your eyes really wide, leave your mouth open, hang your body limp, and "drift" upside down past the viewing pane.

Not a practical joke, but I almost gave one of my instructors a heart attack during a class dive. He took my mask off and I got vertigo. I had learned that the best thing to do when that happened was absolutely nothing, so I just held still. Apparently I slowly rotated head down, and I wasn't moving, and the instructor thought I had passed out or died, and just about soiled his underbritches.

One of the funniest tricks I've seen was when a buddy got in the water with his spool and SMB clipped off to his butt D-ring. During the dive, his buddy got behind him, stole the assembly, inflated the bag, and clipped it back to his butt. He spent the rest of the dive with an erect orange tail, wondering why his trim was suddenly so bad!

I always end up carrying the flag on the drift dives. When the buddy isnt looking i ascend a couple of feet and watch them frantically look around their marker.. Always good for a laugh...

Recently I "repaired" a pair of split fins for one of the crewmembers on the Truk Odyssey and put them back in his gear box...

Todd3.JPG

He seemed sort of happy with the effort!

:D

He repaid me several times by stealing my safety spool and replacing it with a large brass "suicide clip" he carried as a tank banger.

At the end of one dive as we were doing our safety stop on the hang bar, when he looked away for a moment I "entangled" myself by clipping the snap onto my scooter d-ring and then the up-line. He almost wet himself when he turned back and saw me rip my mask off, spit my reg out, and flail madly in mock panic.

Vaseline in the dive mask is an oldy but goody.

I Find tying pieces of hot dogs to the back of tanks on the valve Fish go nuts.

Used to dive the lakes and quarries of Missouri where you'd find all sorts of bizarre stuff. Always seemed to be fishing tournements going on. One "glitter" boat was trowling by and while diving I had just found an old pair of underwear...which the fisherman just happened to snag. :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom