Dive Boat Capsized???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coast Guard says nothing reported.

Boat Captain tells me he is hearing "rumors".

Catherine, 60! kn winds? I'd heard "small craft warnings" on the radio yesterday but NOT that high. And, for me, unless I'm on a sailboat, "small craft warnings" means ME!

Did I hear something about 60 mph gusts? Even I would not take my boat out in that. ... And, I know that it will come back even from a 180 degree inversion.

If you go out in that kind of stuff, no matter how big your anchor, it won't be big enough.

Edited to add: When we came back from Hawaii at the beginning of January, we went through a day of squalls with 60 mph winds and it was not much fun, even on a 90,000 ton ship.

You guys be careful out there Catherine.

gusts.

yea..I may just "watch" the boat.

It has died down though.

Gusts on the peaks.

So this was BS? I hate when people make up crap like that! New Years 2001, I frostbit my face real bad snowmachining that night. I was just starting to thaw a little when we get called for a boat that has hit a rock, 2 adults and 5 kids in the water. it's -17F. Spent the rest of the night looking for then. Turned out to be a hoax.

Divers swam ashore....just not a commercial boat. The swim wasn't really all that far either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom