Dive Boat Capsized???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Divers swam ashore....just not a commercial boat. The swim wasn't really all that far either.
More like a walk than a swim huh? That is a CG reportable incident. Someone is in trouble. Thats a 40 ish foot boat. Off Islanders? Whats up with this?

...that's the Ohana for you

I am reluctant to start gossip...(kinda) but...if a dive shop has people coming in and saying that a dive boat sunk and people swam ashore, I like to ask around instead of waiting for the newspaper in case it is friends of mine or people are missing, etc.

Asking here is a good thing because among all of us, somebody is bound to know something.
For example, yesterday we had no one on our boat, so before we dived, I called Joey and Johnny Pang, people I knew would be coming out there soon...just in case. I try and always tell somebody if we are drifting or the boat is unattended. I won't be upset if somebody posts on here "Did Catherine and JB ever make it back from Molakai?"

"Did Catherine and JB ever make it back from Molakai?"...:D :D :D
by the way, did you go with WC, when we returned today to the Harbor, his boat was missing, OH, and this jeep with a scubaboard bumper sticker in the window was on blocks with all the wheels gone...............:eyebrow:

catherine96821:
I am reluctant to start gossip...(kinda) but...if a dive shop has people coming in and saying that a dive boat sunk and people swam ashore, I like to ask around instead of waiting for the newspaper in case it is friends of mine or people are missing, etc.

I just meant you asked 2 people and got 2 different stories....

We held off due to Ks work/class stuff right now, just went for an awsome day sail. Im geting this wind power thing down pretty quick, untill the Jib halyard broke. Looks like an old crack in the SS. Sailed it home with just the mainsail no problem, cept for sub dodging. Lots of warship activity. Are we finaly attacking canada?
If I leave the keys in it you can take the whole jeep.... BTW why do you keep bags of boat trash on your boat?:D I promptly take mine and place it in a "proper" receptical such as a Bayliner!:rofl3:
JK...The vis, she didn't look so bad? How was it?

justleesa:
Yes, we want to hear. It just sounded like BS when the coasties did not know about a dive boat dumping divers in the water....So do we know anything more?

The Coasties already said it was a "scuba crime" but a lot of people out "here" on this side do not report everything to the Coast Guard...I am not defending it or arguing the law, it's just that people out here prefer to deal with the local fire department boys..they all know them and there are many things that happen over here that the Coast Guard never hears about. Same thing on the North shore. You guys see a lot more Coast Guard action than we do. I have never seen the Coast Guard over here, in six years. I hear they have been over here, but I have never personally seen them on the water.

Actually everything we were told was correct. We assumed it MIGHT have been a commercial boat because the men at OC told Doug that the divers swam ashore.
I don't know who the boat belongs to....

Scuba crime?
I had 2 coastie Ribs buzzing me today.... SO what was the scoop ole guru of gossip? Whose boat, from where, what happened?

They said it was against the law not to report the incident, if it was a commercial boat, even a six pack. My suspicion is that it was a private vessel and people assumed it might have been a commercial boat due to it's size? (40+ I'd say)

Back
Top Bottom