Dive Boat Capsized???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Actually everything we were told was correct. We assumed it MIGHT have been a commercial boat because the men at OC told Doug that the divers swam ashore.
I don't know who the boat belongs to....

ah true...seeing your latest post - it just was never reported to the Cost Guard...

Coast Guard says nothing reported.

Boat Captain tells me he is hearing "rumors".

this is why I thought 2 stories

Even private that should fall under the catagory of "major marine incident" and must be reported.

I started to call you today as we were sailing past your house but then a halyard snap broke so we turned around.

Wow...sailed by the house, eh? We had plans to go out and these guys showed up wanting to paint...so we have been moving furniture.

No worries, leesa. Just trying to make sure it wasn't any of our people dog paddling out there!

catherine96821:
I have never seen the Coast Guard over here, in six years. I hear they have been over here, but I have never personally seen them on the water.
Saw that capsized boat out there last week, gone now. Did not post about it because it did not look like a dive boat.

I did see the CG in the Koko Head marina right out by the Kona Brew pub a few weeks ago, two small boats with M60s on the bow. Was working out at 24 Hr and there they were, circling around by the end of the dock. Took off after a few minutes.

Lopaka:
Saw that capsized boat out there last week, gone now.
My mistake, it is still there, down at the stern. Wonder if the state penalizes the boat owner if they do not remove it in a timely manner?

yea...we noticed it looks lower. We ran out to Rabbit Island late yesterday afternoon...so flat...lots of whales and dolphins.

It's a polution hazard and the coast guard deals with it. Someone should call it in before it does more damage.

well...they were out here off our place a few days ago...I am sure they must know about it. Do you think it is possible they don't?

Im thinking ya, very posssable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom