Dive Boynton, Saturday 12th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepstops:
......... I disliked his former boss to the point I wouldn't go out with them again :11: It's good to see he broke away.

I was of EXACTLY the same opinion. I only ever went out on that boat when the Conchs planned an outing and we wanted to head out with Kevin. I can't say enough how strongly I agree...and I generally make a point of trying not to publicize my more negative dive experiences on the board...............

It was a pleasant day, all around. Period.

What happened to the love? I remember reading about trips on that other boat and it sounded like the Love Boat. I never went on it myself - I didn't want to dampen the boundless aura that I could see lighting up the sky north of me.
Oh well, live and learn.

I'm really happy for Kevin! The boat is waaay too big for only 6 divers, but he seems determined to keep the "limited load" thing going. Great for us as customers, though! I've always had a great time diving with him on Delta's Splash, and I expect more of the same on Explorer, only with more room.

Explorer is a really unique concept, at least in S. Florida anyway. This is the only 6-pack I've dived on that has both a Captain and Divemaster on board, and the owner of the boat is down on the deck where he can make sure you are having a good time.

Here is Krista enjoying Kev's site briefing.

-boynton_DSC2741.jpg

Kevin & Jason were really helpful, and were very good with my cameras. The boat is laid out nicely, with lots of room up front on the engine box for lounging, a big dashboard for dry storage, and more dry storage in the cabin. I keep my cameras on the deck, but they could also ride on the engine box. This operation feels like diving from a private boat, only with a crew to drive, tie in, carry your float, and unload your gear. Not too shabby...

-boynton_DSC9326.jpg

Please excuse my lame goliath grouper shots, but they were everywhere!!! Not so approachable, though. I think I'll go back on closed circuit next weekend... This aggregation was out in the sand off the starboard rail. There were about a dozen total, but the school split as you swam into it.

-boynton_DSC9378.jpg

Conditions on the wreck "weren't too bad", and the goliaths were there too. One in every hole in the deck. Interestingly enough, this was the first time I've ever NOT seen them in the engine room. Somebody must have scared them out before I went in there.

-boynton_DSC9393.jpg

Out on the reef we had pretty blue water, and the typical friendly gold coast marine life. On my second dive I had some great monster loggerhead encounters, but no pics to show for it because of a camera operator malfunction.

-boynton_DSC9438.jpg

:)

-boynton_DSC9364.jpg

Ryan,
Dang you, I was trying to squeeze out of the way while you took that shot of Kevin....I look like I'm in pain! Good to see you online; I'll be back soon enough!

Great shots; you may get me caught in the deep hole of the "camera-love" one day too.....for now I'll just look on in envy!

As for the 6-pack, while luxurious in not fighting for space, I think it could nicely carry @ 10 with no problem too. But, hey, HE'S in charge now!

Tom Winters:
What happened to the love? I remember reading about trips on that other boat and it sounded like the Love Boat. I never went on it myself - I didn't want to dampen the boundless aura that I could see lighting up the sky north of me.

It was all Kev.....

I am guessing that he only has a six-pack Captain's license...that is the usual reason for only taking six passengers out on a large boat.

...but hey, that just benefits the half a dozen divers on that luxuriously large boat! :)

DebbyDiver:
I am guessing that he only has a six-pack Captain's license...that is the usual reason for only taking six passengers out on a large boat.

...but hey, that just benefits the half a dozen divers on that luxuriously large boat! :)

On the other hand, the boat may not be USCG inspected/cert'd which is required for more than six passengers. Either way, having plenty of room is a good thing.

We need two more to commit for the remaining spots on 6/10.

deepstops:
We need two more to commit for the remaining spots on 6/10.

Put lil sis and I down. John can't make it. :sad: He will be in RI w/ the kids. I am putting it on my calendar now.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom