Dive Boynton, Saturday 12th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am out of town 6/10 but please run this trip again! I'd love to do it. :)

I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go!

....but I can't :(

If any of you folks cancel, and you're looking for someone to get back to six, please let me know.

What time are their trips?

Hey! Ryan those shots are the bomb-diggitty. You rule. So I came to take a look at Ryan's awesome Castor shots, and noticed that there were a few questions that I might be able to answer. First, Augie, and everyone else, here's a schedule. (I'm trying to get it up on the website sometime this week)

Monday through Friday for the time being, 10:00 am departure.
Saturday and Sunday departures at 8:00 am, and again at 1:00 pm.

This may change.

If I start to fill up my weekday trips, I may go to an 8:00 am & 1:00 pm schedule seven days a week. If I start to fill up both of those trips, I'll buy another boat. One thing I will not be doing is putting more than six divers on a boat. Its not a matter of licensing, or of the vessel being inspected. (Just as an aside, I have three Captains, all of which have 100 ton masters licenses. I have no sort of captain's licence and am not planning on getting one.)
I will remain a six pack because there are many many benefits to operating this way from where I sit.

It's been my experience that it's harder to do a really good job for people if there's too many of them, but six is pretty manageable.

Gives you much better odds at leaving (and therefore returning turning the boat around and leaving again if there's two trips) on time.

Leaving on time (sometimes even early) allows us to get out to the sites before many of the other boats, so we get the pick of the reefs or wrecks.

Often times, the entire boat is comprised of one group of friends, (like the ScubaBoard trip!) which kinda makes it more fun, cause everyone gets along. It's more social I guess when you know everyone.

It's easier to protect your divers from careless or reckless boaters, when you don't have eight flags spanning a mile of reef.

Just gives me alot more flexibility as an operator in general.

There's more, but I need to take a break for now and jump in the shower.

augie:
If any of you folks cancel, and you're looking for someone to get back to six, please let me know.

I can certainly put you on a wait list if that's what you meant. It's always good to have a wait list if someone does have to cancel their spot.

I don't suppose anyone would be keen on going the next week :ne_nau: Reason being, my gf phoned me earlier and she has a time share in FtL she cant use and will give to me at $35 a night. The only thing is it is for the following Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues. No biggie, would just make for a cheaper, nicer, longer weekend for us. Jim there is a pull-out couch as well :wink: No worries if not. Never hurts to ask though.

-MissD

Missdirected:
I don't suppose anyone would be keen on going the next week :ne_nau: Reason being, my gf phoned me earlier and she has a time share in FtL she cant use and will give to me at $35 a night. The only thing is it is for the following Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues. No biggie, would just make for a cheaper, nicer, longer weekend for us. Jim there is a pull-out couch as well :wink: No worries if not. Never hurts to ask though.

-MissD

Normally, I'm pretty flexible but in this case, I fly to Barcelona on 6/12 to catch 12 days aboard RCCL's Brilliance of the Seas on the Greek, Italian, French, and Turkish Med :D
(please show me some pity, the BP/wing, HID light, and fleet of Apeks regs will be staying home)

Missdirected:
Gosh Ryan, I just love that pic of the angel, very nice indeed.

She is cute and that is a good shot, but I do not think I'd go so far as to use the word "Angelic."

-boynton_DSC2741.jpg

:D I always got to be the goofy one in the group....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom