Dive Buddies Needed, this Sat 8/21 - Anywhere in the San Diego Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we should try Cardiff. That will be our nav/exploration dive for the day. I think it needs to be high tide for that dive, so around 11:30am. We can always do a La Jolla Cove/Shores earlier.

Sounds like a plan. Lets hit the cove early and Cardiff at 11:30 - we can get fills in between. Or - maybe just the Cardiff dive...I may not want to gear back up if I take off my wetsuit! If you want to do both though...you can talk me into it pretty easily...

ryanarcher:
Sounds like a plan. Lets hit the cove early and Cardiff at 11:30 - we can get fills in between. Or - maybe just the Cardiff dive...I may not want to gear back up if I take off my wetsuit! If you want to do both though...you can talk me into it pretty easily...

Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk.............into it yet??? Although I'd like 7am. 7:30 in the water, 1 hour dive, 9:00am back in the car, drive to Cardiff, pickup something the eat, arrive 10:00am. Suit up, 10:30am in the water............

ShakaZulu:
Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk.............into it yet??? Although I'd like 7am. 7:30 in the water, 1 hour dive, 9:00am back in the car, drive to Cardiff, pickup something the eat, arrive 10:00am. Suit up, 10:30am in the water............

I will be ready for Cardiff any time on Sat or Sunday. I think shakaZulu is right we should go in around noon. Please let me know when you want to go to Cardiff.

If the south swell hasn't died, i havent looked, then u will get thumped at Cardiff

divinman:
If the south swell hasn't died, i havent looked, then u will get thumped at Cardiff

I like ShakaZulu's plan of diving at the Cove at 7:30 (in the water) and then Cardiff at 10:30 (in the water)...but I think we should take a look at the south swell like divinman says. So let's plan on the Cove at 7:30 Sat morning and decide on Cardiff tomorrow night when we check out the swell. How does that sound?

Hey ShakaZulu... I'd certainly like to go diving with ANY of the avatars I've seen you use so far. How do I arrange a dive date?

Doc

drbill:
Hey ShakaZulu... I'd certainly like to go diving with ANY of the avatars I've seen you use so far. How do I arrange a dive date?

Doc

Dr Bill, if I had any idea, I wouldn't be here............ They must be close to Hollywood, maybe I can round up a couple and send them to Catalina.

I like it ruff, nothing wrong with a bit of swell. Ok, here then the plan........

Dive Buddies:

Roy - (760) 310 2629
Sam
Ryan
Phage

Agenda:

La Jolla Cove - 7:00am, in the water by 7:30am.

Cardiff Parking Lot - 10:30am (Exploration/Nav dive)

Phage30, I suggest you join us for the La Jolla Cove dive, that way you can give us all an idea of the swell conditions on your way down here. From the forecasts, we should be ok (WARNING: These coastal wave forecasts are HIGHLY experimental and should NOT be relied upon as a primary source of wave forecast information. Significant errors in predicting coastal wave heights and the timing of storm events are known to occur.)

http://cdip.ucsd.edu/models/socal_now.shtml

PS: Ryan, I bought the tank, $150.00 for AL80, including tax.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom