Dive Buddies Needed, this Sat 8/21 - Anywhere in the San Diego Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc:
Sean, the Cove and the Shores are different locations, no? The Shores has the marine canyon, and the Cove is the 10-30 foot shallow dive? I assume the viz at the Cove tomorrow will be something like you found at the Shores today... I thought you were kidding when you said 50+ feet.

Yep, the cove is off Prospect street..........40ft at the RockPile.

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_West/CalS/La_Jolla_Cove/index.htm

I heard on the divebums list that the cove was 40+ feet in vis as well. The shores and the cove are right next to one another. They are both part of a marine preserve. You can swim to the cove from to shores.

here is a map:
La Jolla Cove

It is about 1 mile across.

Sean

I think I can easily talk the wife into both of us joining you tomorrow. Just gotta get the old bones outta bed (that's me I'm referring to of course!). She's been bugging me about diving the cove since we got certified. BTW, we are VERY newly certified...4 dives since cert. We have snorkelled the cove, so, we know how to get there and we're familiar with the parking.

See you there.

I bought a tank at the OE sale too...but they didn't fill it up since it was a mad rush. Anyway - I'll be at the cove tomorrow with both tanks and we'll do some diving! Sean - you are a diving man! Like Shaka said long ago, 'you should have been a fish'.

Thanks a lot for diving with me guys. I really appreciate the time you guys took to show me the ropes out there. It was a pleasure to meet you Roy, Ryan, and Terry. As always Sean a pleasure to dive with you. Hope to get back there soon. I LOVE the diving out there.....I think I see a relocation in the future for me.

Ana

wrinkles:
Thanks a lot for diving with me guys. I really appreciate the time you guys took to show me the ropes out there. It was a pleasure to meet you Roy, Ryan, and Terry. As always Sean a pleasure to dive with you. Hope to get back there soon. I LOVE the diving out there.....I think I see a relocation in the future for me.

Ana

Thanks for coming down and diving with us! The famous Wrinkles right here in San Diego!!! Hope your Sunday dive was great too. Nice to meet you - and come on down any time :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom