Dive clubs in south Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lazyturtle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So...my family and I are seriously considering leaving paradise and moving to Florida.:D
We plan on living somewhere between West Palm Beach and Miami, most likely Boca Raton.

At the very same time I'm going to be starting a new career (environmental consulting). I’m pretty much done with teaching diving and driving dive boats (at least for now). Being that we have two kids we were talking about joining a dive club so we could actually go diving for fun and be less worried about who our spouse is buddied with (if we can't arrange to go together).
So I was wondering if anyone here has go with or is a member of Kayuba (I like to do both) and can give me the lowdown on them or any other good dive clubs in the area. Also any recommendations for daycare would be awesome.

About us: I've been diving for 17 years, and an instructor for the last 12. I've been all over the Caribbean , Hawaii and Florida (I grew up in Jacksonville). My wife has been diving for 9 years, though not at all for the last 2.5 years (we had 2 kids in that time) and has been diving in the Caribbean and Hawaii.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are already a member of the biggest dive club going and there is a kayak section on the Florida page. There are always dives going on and an ample supply of dive buddies. As far as Daycares go. I have my kids in a LaPetite up here in Tampa. They are a little more than most of the others I have seen but they do a really good job with the little ones. Mine are 8 and 3 to give you an idea of the age groups and they have been there since they were about a year old.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I've removed offensive and off-topic posts.

You can join the E-Divers (edivers.org is now a Yahoo group) before you arrive in SoFla. While it's primarily a regional club, members are scattered across the globe.

If you are interested in DIR, the SFL-DIR club (SFL-DIR) is another option (also a Yahoo group)

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Ralph

So I was wondering if anyone here has go with or is a member of Kayuba (I like to do both) and can give me the lowdown on them or any other good dive clubs in the area.
I'm a proud member of Kayuba. What would you like to know?

South Florida Divers is another option you may want to consider:

South Florida Divers, Inc. SCUBA Club in Hollywood welcomes you!
Yes indeed, I've been a member for just a bit less than 30 years. Note that our website will be down until the weekend as the guy who hosts the server is out of town. PM me with any questions.

Gold Coast SCUBA Meetup is probably the diving-est group around, super nice people, mostly beach dives but also charters.

As git-r-dun diver posted, you are already a member of the largest dive group in the area. :blinking:

Under Sea Adventurers meets in Pompano Beach.

Under Sea Adventurers Dive Club
Since you say you are looking for day care, you might find the membership of this club to be too old for you. Nice people though.

If you are into spearfishing, then the South Florida Spearfishing Club might be an option for you. They are all very nice people, and there are lots of opportunities for boat diving that always include spearfishing. They have monthly meetings and a great Christmas party.
Sadly enough, it was not a good fit for me, but it was not because I was a former dive instructor and boat captain in Honolulu for a major portion of my life who wound up living in Boca Raton.
But, it might be most excellent for you.
South Florida Spearfishing Club ~ Dedicated to the Sport of Underwater Hunting

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom