Dive Computer interface with Mac?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know where you guys are coming from, I use a 14" 800mhz G3 ibook myself, and i coulnd't find a dive computer that I could use for one either. Sucks alot - I'm not going back to a PC either.

On a side note - have ya'll see the new 500 dollar mac desktops, mini-macs. Prett nifty looking. Hopefully they don't have the same heating issue as The Cube did. Otherwise it'll only be good as a toaster.

Will

UltimateMonky:
On a side note - have ya'll see the new 500 dollar mac desktops, mini-macs. Prett nifty looking. Hopefully they don't have the same heating issue as The Cube did. Otherwise it'll only be good as a toaster.

Will

I've seen them. they do look really cool. Can't wait to try one out. :)

BYO MKD

Buy Your Own Mouse Keyboard Display... I saw the Steve Job keynote on it.

kulot:
I've seen them. they do look really cool. Can't wait to try one out. :)

Oh yea - Only think I might not like is the inability to upgrade to bigger HDs, as in add more. I have an external Iomega 160GB 7300RPM - firewire ID that I love, but I still like having my HDs in the computer. I have alot of apple stuff, monitors and keyboards, so that won't be a problem. Wish I could afford one of the big apple studio displays!

Will

If they had a 64mb or 128mb graphics card, I'd be tempted to get one! The look sweeeeeeet. Of course, I would need the 23" Cinema HD, unless they put in the GeForce 6800.....but that would be WAAAAAY too much to ask for :D

teknitroxdiver:
If they had a 64mb or 128mb graphics card, I'd be tempted to get one! The look sweeeeeeet. Of course, I would need the 23" Cinema HD, unless they put in the GeForce 6800.....but that would be WAAAAAY too much to ask for :D

The stock set up is pretty good already though. 80 GB HDD, that's a alot of space already. Well the graphics card is pretty good already. not 64 MB but mac displays are always so much more crisp and clear than regular pcs :)

The expensive thing is buying the Cinema Displays. You can't buy a mac and just hook it up to any old monitor. :)

UltimateMonky:
have ya'll see the new 500 dollar mac desktops, mini-macs. Prett nifty looking. Hopefully they don't have the same heating issue as The Cube did. Otherwise it'll only be good as a toaster.

Seems like a pretty clever way for Apple to get rid of their stock of G4 processors—hopefully they’ll solve the cooling issue and install G5 processors in the PowerBooks and Mac minis.

BTW, if you want a top spec Mac mini:

• 1GB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 DIMM
• 80GB Ultra ATA drive
• SuperDrive
• Internal Bluetooth + AirPort Extreme Card
• 56K v.92 Modem
• Mac OS X - U.S. English
• 1.42GHz PowerPC G4

WITHOUT screen, keyboard, mouse or APP, it’ll actually cost $1,253.00!! :11:

Vie:
Seems like a pretty clever way for Apple to get rid of their stock of G4 processors—hopefully they’ll solve the cooling issue and install G5 processors in the PowerBooks and Mac minis.

BTW, if you want a top spec Mac mini:

• 1GB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 DIMM
• 80GB Ultra ATA drive
• SuperDrive
• Internal Bluetooth + AirPort Extreme Card
• 56K v.92 Modem
• 1.42GHz PowerPC G4

WITHOUT screen, keyboard, mouse or APP, it’ll actually cost $1,253.00!! :11:

Still cheap for a mac :) I would just use it alot for basic photo editing with photoshop, and basic foolin around. I have more powerful computers for serious photo work. I need something for storage too, might just have to have the 80GB and two external 160GBs-dems da breaks.

I wouldn't mind a G5 at all, but I can't afford that just yet.

Will

Add $375.00 and get a Power Mac G5

• 256MB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 2x128
• 80GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
• Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra w/64MB DDR SDRAM
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Bluetooth Module
• 56k V.92 modem
• Super Drive
• 1.8GHz PowerPC G5 600MHz frontside bus

WITH keyboard and mouse. Total: $1,628.00

Vie:
Add $375.00 and get a Power Mac G5

• 256MB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 2x128
• 80GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
• Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra w/64MB DDR SDRAM
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Bluetooth Module
• 56k V.92 modem
• Super Drive
• 1.8GHz PowerPC G5 600MHz frontside bus

WITH keyboard and mouse. Total: $1,628.00[/QUOTE

Yea, but if I got a G5 I would go with this...

• Dual 2.5GHz PowerPC G5
• 2GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 4x512
• 2x250GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
• ATI Radeon 9800 XT w/256MB DDR SDRAM
• AirPort Extreme Card
• 8x SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
• PCI-X Gigabit Ethernet Card
• Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse - U.S. English
• APP for Power Mac (w/ or w/o display) - Enrollment Kit
$4,573.00

Gotta go all out - almost.

and that extended warrenty is well worth it. I will attest to the build quality of atleast the iBooks, I forgot it was on my truck (Chevy Z71) and drove off with it, needless to say it flew off the top of the cab - not the hood - at 35MPH on to asphalt and all that's a little dinged up is the CD drive, kinda gotta force it to open, but every thing still works perfect - I'de like to see most other computers take that spill and still be flawless. Not even any real aesthetic damage.

Will

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom