Dive computers... SO many choices!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro H3 with AI, Ratio iX3M with AI, Liquivision Omnix (finally), a surprise.....

I have become particularly interested in the Ratio iDive Tech. If that comes out with AI, it will be a contender for my money. Along with the SP H3.

Scubapro H3 with AI, Ratio iX3M with AI, Liquivision Omnix (finally), a surprise.....
The H3 with AI :rofl3: how long has this been expected... Of course Scubapro have an outstanding rep for being on the cutting edge.. When did they last update the Galileo???

Liquid vision ...Come on now... They lost the plot with the Lynx and their silly batteries ( I almost brought one until 3 owners told me not too)

The surprise... All manufacturers have agreed on one universal algorithm that gives a 1 hour NDL at 30m so ending the debate on which is the best algorithm :bash:

I have become particularly interested in the Ratio iDive Tech. If that comes out with AI, it will be a contender for my money. Along with the SP H3.

I had heard about a potential AI option for the iX3M series but not for the iDive series, no reason it could not be both, we'll see. For me, it's unfortunate that you have to go to the Tech model of either series to get custom GFs. Lower models have only predefined choices.

Don't for
:bounce: ... deep 6 without ai, fins that propel you without batteries or use of muscles. Also flying cars :bounce:

Don't forget the mouth piece that draws O2 from water allowing unlimited diving, and an end to OC sets and Reabreathers

Oh and the DPV with inbuilt GPS guaranteed to get you out of a cave system - with the option of an unlimited spare air system :D

D'uh! How could I forget? Of course: James Bond's Spare Air and Triton Artificial Gills rebreather. :banghead:

I had heard about a potential AI option for the iX3M series but not for the iDive series, no reason it could not be both, we'll see. For me, it's unfortunate that you have to go to the Tech model of either series to get custom GFs. Lower models have only predefined choices.

I am just ASSUMING that if they do it for one it will be an option for the other. I have no evidence of any type. It also seems to be that people with wristwatch-sized computers are generally more likely to want AI than people with brick-style computers...

Liquid vision ...Come on now... They lost the plot with the Lynx and their silly batteries ( I almost brought one until 3 owners told me not to.
Well that was at the top of my short list. Back to the drawing board.
Similar suggestions?

Well that was at the top of my short list. Back to the drawing board.
Similar suggestions?
Me, I dive an Eon. There're expensive in the US, And lots of people think incorrectly) that it's conservative ( actually it's not,)

Presuming you want a brick, with colour display.

AI or not
Preferred algorithm
Battery type ( rechargeable or user) if user try to get AA. I'm a heavy user so liqui vision special battery's ordered from Canada or the US were a no no
Size of your pockets

That's really it.

The Ratio iDive tech that @stuartv mentioned looks interesting, but I don't know the brand.

Have fun....

Me, I dive an Eon. There're expensive in the US, And lots of people think incorrectly) that it's conservative ( actually it's not,)

Preferred algorithm

That is the issue (not conservatism) that would prevent me using an Eon Steel.

I use various dive planning tools. Multi Deco, Subsurface, and PastoDeco. None of them will let me plan a dive using a Suunto algorithm. They will all let me plan a dive using Buhlmann ZHL-16C with Gradient Factors. Almost every tech-capable computer on the market will also let me use Buhlmann w/GF. The planning tools and the in-water tools need to match each other, in order for me to be willing to use them. I also have no reason not to insist on those tools using an algorithm that is published, peer-reviewed, and accepted by the dive industry. Buhlmann and (I think) VPM-B both meet those requirements. No Suunto algorithm does, as far as I know.

That said, I have no problem whatsoever with recreational diving and using the various manufacturer's proprietary algorithms. In that case, I would choose to use a computer with a liberal algorithm. I would be fine with using an Eon Steel for recreational diving. But, I would never spend that much money for a computer that I couldn't (or, in this case, wouldn't be willing to) use for technical dives also.

I have no reason to believe the decompression algorithm run by the Eon Steel is any different than the Suunto RGBM algorithm run by other Suunto computers. This is supported by the owner's manual. Of course you can change the personal conservative factor to -2, who knows exactly what that does as the algorithm is proprietary and not included in any dive planning software other than Suunto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom