Dive concepts Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many of the centers in Amed and Tulamben do not offer a discount for having your own gear. As said above, the prices are pretty cheap as is and include a guide, which in many parts of the world is an added cost you would incur. Dive centers also pay the tourist fees at the dive sites as well as the porter costs.

If they gave you a 10% discount for having your own gear, you would save a whopping $6.58 on two dives if the cost is IDR 1,000,000 for two, although I know they tend to be the cheapest of all the centers so they might be closer to 850,000 for two.

Having said that, different policies for different locations makes zero sense and should be called out but it does not surprise me one bit.

Why?? Focus on what you want, not have a war that doesn't matter?

great diving there, start with a good feeling not a bitter one.
Mega excited for the trip, not negativity just business sense and fair play.

Many of the centers in Amed and Tulamben do not offer a discount for having your own gear. As said above, the prices are pretty cheap as is and include a guide, which in many parts of the world is an added cost you would incur. Dive centers also pay the tourist fees at the dive sites as well as the porter costs.

If they gave you a 10% discount for having your own gear, you would save a whopping $6.58 on two dives if the cost is IDR 1,000,000 for two, although I know they tend to be the cheapest of all the centers so they might be closer to 850,000 for two.

Having said that, different policies for different locations makes zero sense and should be called out but it does not surprise me one bit.
There's two models include gear and give owners of it a break or charge a fee for diving and have renters pay extra, they are not following either one. We'll one shop in thier company is and the other is refusing to. Makes zero cents.

Yep so doing 10 dives. That's an extra. 1.5 dives.

There's two models include gear and give owners of it a break or charge a fee for diving and have renters pay extra, they are not following either one. We'll one shop in thier company is and the other is refusing to. Makes zero cents.

I see your point and I want to be clear, I am not at all being argumentative. However, the two models you describe are not the only two ways to do business.

We offer dives at a flat rate. One dive per day is X, two dives per day is Y and three dives per day is Z. This is all inclusive and I tend to not give a discount for people who own their own gear. I have yet to have any complain about it.

We also offer a package where you get 5% off if you dive for 3 plus days and do at least two dives a day and 10% off for 5 plus days of diving with at least two dives a day. As the Dive Ops Manager, I have some flexibility here and I always try and do what is right for the the business while also helping the customer out as much as I can.

We have discussed a discount for people with their own gear but the discount would be so minimal, it wouldn't matter much.

Oh and yes, it does make zero sense that they different policies for different locations but again, it does not surprise me one bit.

I see your point and I want to be clear, I am not at all being argumentative. However, the two models you describe are not the only two ways to do business.

We offer dives at a flat rate. One dive per day is X, two dives per day is Y and three dives per day is Z. This is all inclusive and I tend to not give a discount for people who own their own gear. I have yet to have any complain about it.

We also offer a package where you get 5% off if you dive for 3 plus days and do at least two dives a day and 10% off for 5 plus days of diving with at least two dives a day. As the Dive Ops Manager, I have some flexibility here and I always try and do what is right for the the business while also helping the customer out as much as I can.

We have discussed a discount for people with their own gear but the discount would be so minimal, it wouldn't matter much.

Oh and yes, it does make zero sense that they different policies for different locations but again, it does not surprise me one bit.
I know we are not arguing, just discussing.
My issue is they take care of the backpacker and give the pro the 10 % off. They leave the serious diver, me, hanging out to dr
.i also researched this trip 5 years ago and think I remember some bad reviews about them, trying to see if that comes up again or my memory is faulty.
And yes turk, unfortunately I am going to be there before you are back from your trip with your bro.

I know we are not arguing, just discussing.
My issue is they take care of the backpacker and give the pro the 10 % off. They leave the serious diver, me, hanging out to dr
.i also researched this trip 5 years ago and think I remember some bad reviews about them, trying to see if that comes up again or my memory is faulty.
And yes turk, unfortunately I am going to be there before you are back from your trip with your bro.

I totally understand your position here.

As for me not being here when you are, that is unfortunate as I would have loved to dive with you but I will have a person here covering for me, likely a local, who would be able to guide you if that is something you would want.

I totally understand your position here.

As for me not being here when you are, that is unfortunate as I would have loved to dive with you but I will have a person here covering for me, likely a local, who would be able to guide you if that is something you would want.
will keep it in mind and definitely meet up for a drink. When you get back!

Back
Top Bottom