dive gears in Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daodiver

Registered
Reaction score
I'll visit Singapore next month, and wanna shop around for dive equipments, esp a nice wetsuit. No idea where to start from. Please suggest reliable shops with variety of selections, and discounts. It'd be even better if there is a mall with many shops around.

Beautifully sculptured to your body....
look like batman under water...
:D

Try Waikiki at The Concourse.....

Check out the concourse, it is along beach road.
There are 3 shops there.

Also you might want to check out Lucky Plaza, it has 2 shops on the basement.

Cheers!

There is a shop that makes custom wetsuits at a reasonable price ( http://www.acronman.com/ ). I have not used them but I'll try the next time I need one.

Also, there are three shops in the basement of Lucky Plaza (not two - they just opened the third one in about 1987 :rolleyes: ). You have to bargain at these shops though whereas the ones in the Concourse have fixed prices (I think.... I hope.... or I've been getting ripped off ;-0 ). These two places have the most concentrated sites.

Good luck!

Oops! Zippy is right, there are 3 in Lucky Plaza and only at Lucky Plaza and Concourse that there are more concentration of dive shops.

Cheers!

The three at Lucky Plaza basement are pretty good. I suggest going there as soon as you can when you arrive since if you can't find what they have at the store, generally they can get some other items there in a day or two. Unlike many other things in Singapore which are now more expensive or as expensive as Thailand, scuba gear is still significantly cheaper. I bought a pair of Mares Quattro there for just under 3000 bahts, did not even bargain much, in comparison to 5000-6000 bahts here in Thailand.
They also have some wetsuits there.

The ones in Concourse are bargain-able as well.
Some items Concourse shops are selling cheaper.. some Lucky plaza.

Actually, it seems that the way discounts go, it mainly depends on their mood. I suggest going when they are not busy. That is the time where they cannot "can't be bothered" and have to drop price to close the sale.

:)

Hey, since this thread is on equipment in Singapore, I might just go ahead and ask this question.

Anyone using Poseidon regs?

Any opinions to share... anything at all is welcomed (only about Poseidons!!)

Reason being I just had a recent encounter and was considering them...

Personal I found Australia to be much better for buying exposure suits, more range, better prices (some times) and more designs to choose from.

Don't forget them! You can search Google to get their website!
I think they deal in Apeks, Force-Fins and a whole range of other brands :)

Hope it helps!:eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom