Dive logging software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find the simplest, most universal dive log is a simple text file.

It gets backed up with all of the other files.

A simple text file like this is handy for keeping track of the information I might want a few years later .... comments on dive boat operators, hotels, etc.

Once I was up around 300 or 400 logged dives, I went back and made a very highly condensed version of it, where a week long trip to Cozumel and 25 dives were just two sentences.

Do you calculate your SAC in liters/minute as well or is it something else?
As Terrylowe said, the imperial unit for SAC is cubic feet per minute. There are 28.3 liters in a cubic foot. So a 14 lpm SAC is 0.5cfm.

By far the biggest difference in scuba between the metric and imperial world is that you describe tanks by their internal volume. We describe tanks by the equivalent 1ata volume of air when the tank is full. The common aluminum 80 tank holds just under 80 cubic feet when filled to 3000psi. You would call it an 11 liter 207 bar tank. We would call it a 11*207 = 2200 liter tank.

By far the biggest difference in scuba between the metric and imperial world is that you describe tanks by their internal volume. We describe tanks by the equivalent 1ata volume of air when the tank is full. The common aluminum 80 tank holds just under 80 cubic feet when filled to 3000psi. You would call it an 11 liter 207 bar tank. We would call it a 11*207 = 2200 liter tank.

Thanks for that Charlie, the SAC is an easy one, but as you said, the tank volume is the one thats making trouble :) I don't have a field for the working pressure until now (didn't need it for SAC as the tank volume liters and start and end pressure are enough), so its not really possible to work out the volume from the cuft alone. I'll have to find a way, probably going to add the working pressure field and if its not given, assume its the usual 3000 PSI (207 bar).

Thanks and regards,
Rainer

something wrong for the diver Werner
315 and 316 are the same
317 and 318 are the same
241 and 243 are the same

probably others....

If thats what Werner entered, then thats what will be in his logbook... The only sanity check I do is check if a dive with the same date and time is already there. But if you look at the times, they are not the same (neither is the location or divesite). So, you get what you put in there (same applies for your paper logbook...:idk:)

Rainer-
Will you update us here when you get the imperial added?

Will you be able to apply it to previously logged dives?

Thanks again. I really appreciate you working with people and taking their suggestions.

I just scan the pages from my logbook to my PC and keep the scans in a directory which is backed up offsite.

If thats what Werner entered, then thats what will be in his logbook... The only sanity check I do is check if a dive with the same date and time is already there. But if you look at the times, they are not the same (neither is the location or divesite). So, you get what you put in there (same applies for your paper logbook...:idk:)
sure
but i know these sites
317 and 318 are dives on the same wreck, à 60m (200 feet) during 80min, with a quarter between them. so it's impossible
Montreux and La-Tour-de-Peilz are 2 towns closed.

same for 315 and 316

Rainer-
Will you update us here when you get the imperial added?

[x] done :)

Imperial units are now supported. Choose the units when registering or change them in your user menu after logging in.

Will you be able to apply it to previously logged dives?

Previously logged dives will be converted automatically. You can switch between the imperial and metric as often as you wish.

Thanks again. I really appreciate you working with people and taking their suggestions.

Pleasure! Feedback is always welcome... Could be, that I missed a script or two, where you might still metric units. I'd appreciate if you let me know...

warm regards from cold Germany,
Rainer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom