Dive No. 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on 50, I am just about to 25 hopefully just a couple weeks and I will be there. Looking to be where you are next year.

Congrats! How does it feel to hit 50?

There was nothing special, but I wanted to hit this milestone just for the number.
As someone said, This lovely activity hit my whole being.
I'm just planning the next few dives.

I remember doing dive #50. I sat down and wrote myself a report card, using a set of criteria from one of my books to assess how well I was doing. I did the same at 100, and 200. They are significant milestones!

That's a great idea!

Congratulations!
It only gets better with time!
Dive safe...

Congratulations!

The only thing that sucks about getting more dives under your belt is having to buy more log sheets! :D

Seriously, though, I remember reading in one of my dive magazines, probably Dive Training, that divers between 50 and 100 dives can be more prone to accidents as they gain confidence in their skills and often stop paying as much attention to all the little things like checking their gear for wear, planning dives in detail, etc that we learned in class.

It made me realize that I was guilty of that to some degree and made me resolve to not let my confidence get in the way of my training.

Congrats,
It's all down hill and up in cost. It's all down hill and up in cost from here.

Congratulations on #50, a milestone for sure. Mine was in '07 in Destin, FL. It was my final requirement for MSD, and my one-time only buddy just got his. We saw a bunch of stingrays beyond the jetty. Charlie started to follow them and I gave the signal I was turning around. It was a rare solo time for me back then. I'm a wimp, in the vast minority, but don't like being around anything that COULD come after me. Later I told Charlie "Marry that crazy woman you talk about that has the 5 million so you can retire and just dive". My brother-in-law asked me how my 50th was. His wife said 50th!!?? We missed your 50th what? He said dive. She said oh $#i! just a dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom